Chapter 4

About a week passes by, and it was by far the best week of the Doctor's life. He is now sitting on his bed with Gerard's head in his lap as he is sleeping. He just sits there until there is a knock on the Tardis. He gently moves Gerard's head and opens the door.

        ''Is this an outhouse? I need to use the bathroom,'' a guy says. The Doctor realizes he looks very familiar. 

       ''This isn't an outhouse. Don't even try pissing in it. Don't I know you from somewhere?''

       ''Chris. Maya's boyfriend?''

        ''Wait, you mean your name is not Crisp Rat?''

        ''CRSIPY RAT,  ARE YOU DONE USING THE BATHROOM YET?'' Maya shouts and then walks in the Tardis. ''Oh. I remember this place. It's the sex box.''

       ''No... it's a box that can travel in space and -''

       ''Oh my god, let's go somewhere right now.''

      ''Where? Sirius? 1800's London? World War I?''

      ''Umm, I was thinking more of the Panda Express in Vegas.''

      ''You can go fucking anywhere in space and time and you want to go to the Panda Express in Vegas?''

       ''Oh my god, anywhere in space and time!?'' Maya says, amazed.

      ''Yeah.''

     ''lol I still want to go to the Panda Express in Vegas.''

     After a torturing 30 minutes of arguing, Maya finally decides to go somewhere else. The Doctor types in the coordinates to go to Venus - 1 billion years in the future - where the human race had colonized the planet before deserting the place. 

    They visit one of the abandoned towers standing at the peak of Venus.

    ''Wow, it's tall up here. I can't even get a wifi signal,'' Chris says, walking towards the edge of the balcony.
     ''Isn't he adorable???'' Maya asks as Chris starts to take a selfie.
     ''I wish he'd shove that smartphone up his asshole. He's on fucking Venus, and he's taking pictures of his face,'' Gerard mutters tiredly, ''I can't believe I woke up from my nap to watch this crispy rat take selfies.''

    ''I need better lighting,'' he says vainly, stepping back to get better light.

     ''Chris, you're at the edg-'' The Doctor starts to say as Chris takes another step back. All that follows is Chris's screams as he falls off the skyscraper.
      ''NOW HE IS JUST A DEAD RAT,'' Maya says as she starts crying. 
       The three of them stand there, looking over at the edge to see if they can see Chris, but all that is visible is darkness. The ground can't be seen from here. 
      ''There's water down there. If he can swim really good, he may of made it. But we don't know, and the Tardis can't go down there to see. I'm sorry Maya,'' the Doctor breaks the silence.

      ''I can swim. I'll go down there. I'll find him,'' she says.

       ''But there may not be any plants or food or anything. You will most likely die, even if you can swim.''

        ''Mr. Crispy Rat can't die alone. Rats are afraid of the dark, right? It's dark down there.''

        ''But you have Daninard and Mormon Reedus.''

        ''It's Norman Reedus. But I don't care. We'll survive, he needs me...'' Maya murmurs as she walks to the edge of the balcony. 
       ''Maya, no!'' Gerard shouts.

       Maya steps off the balcony, and plummits to the ground. The Doctor thinks he hears the distant splash of water below, but it could be his imagination. They honestly have no idea whether they lived or not. And perhaps they will never know. Him and Gerard stand there, holding hands, gazing towards the ground. After hours of just standing there, they turn around and go back into the Tardis. He makes a promise to himself, vowing he will return to Venus someday, to see if they lived.