Chapter 17

The subtle rays of sunshine shining through the small spaces within the curtains to her bedroom

The subtle rays of sunshine shining through the small spaces within the curtains to her bedroom. The clock’s ticking past 8 in the morning and soon after, one of the phones that’s on top of a drawer next to the bed, ringing out the alarm sound in which a hand immediately reached out to it, shutting it down immediately and that hand belonged to none other than Beomgyu. 

With him trying hard not to move too much, his arm then went back and wrapped around a still sleeping Kang Haerin next to him on the bed in which she instantly snuggled closer to him as soon as she felt his arm around her and then had her face buried on his chest, his calm beating chest. Beomgyu on the other hand, he’s already half awake with his eyes half opened.

Somehow, feeling her face on his chest as his brain’s still processing what’s happening right now, what’s this dream-like feeling that he’s experiencing now. Was it only a dream? It felt like a dream… but the way he felt her warm touch, her hot breath colliding against the fabric covering his skin, it felt too real to just be a dream… And added to that was Haerin’s palm caressing his back. “Are you awake?” Beomgyu heard her soft yet husky whisper and all he could respond back was a hum.

“I’m not dreaming right now am I?” Somehow, Beomgyu needed reassurance because what he’s feeling now, he’s in bliss, he’s in absolute peace and warmth and if he’s indeed in a dream, he might not even want to wake up from it. Hearing that, Haerin had her eyes open as she tilted her head slightly to gaze up at Beomgyu and her soft smile greeted him as she gently brushed the strands of his hair away from his eyes. “You’re not dreaming. You want me to prove it?” 

And with Beomgyu nodding his head with a rather teasing snicker, Haerin had her head raised and imminently her lips gently pressed against his softly. The soft touch from her warm lips melted him into the kiss as his hand got over to her nape, leaning his head forward and deepened their kiss with their eyes closed down. Their snickers somehow broke the kiss gently as their eyes were fully awake by now, staring deep into each other's constellations within their eyes.

“Are you still dreaming hmm?” Haerin had this teasing tone in her whisper before Beomgyu pulled her closer to his chest and Haerin felt his warmth and she’s suddenly wanted to sleep more, laying her head onto his chest again. “Good morning.” She murmured, running a hand along the side of his shoulder. “Good morning, my girl.” Beomgyu’s still hoarse and deep voice was heavenly in her ears.

“Did you had a good sleep?” Haerin looked up to him, her chin’s resting safely on his chest after he slightly shifted his laying position for her comfort. “Probably the best sleep I’ve had since years.” He answered her with his finger gently brushing her hair to the side of her bare face and made the smile on her face grew wider. “Me too…” She leaned her head down, gave his cheek a peck before she’s just admiring his face, full of affection.

“What time are you going to work?” Beomgyu asked and there’s a hint of disappointment in Haerin’s face knowing that they have commitments to do today rather than staying in all day. “Around 9…” She answered, yet she did almost like she’s whining before she had a soft pout on her lips. “...I want to call in sick today. Can I?” Haerin let out her thoughts in which Beomgyu just smiled to it.