Unexpected Pairing

Charlie's point of view

"No way! Poseidon was there?" Liv shouted on the other side of the phone. "Oh my God! We've got to talk about it!"

"Easy, Liv. I said he finally showed up not we were getting married. Nothing to feel exalted about." I replied back.

"Don't you dare get married before me. So, you finally got to meet our star swimmer. Now, tell me more about it. What's your impressions?" she asked enthusiastically.

"Is that really necessary Liv?"

"Is it you or your ego talking, miss runaway girl?"

"I'm not running away. And yes, it's my ego speaking right now."

"Yet, your ego can't disagree on Pitt's handsomeness. Would you disagree on Pitt's handsomeness?"

"Jeez! Fine. He's handsome." I finally confessed.

"Here we go! See, it wasn't difficult. It's not a sin to affirm that someone is good-looking. Now, what else?"

I kept the silence drowning our conversation until she I pursued:

"There is something about his gaze that left me mind-blowing."

"His gaze? What about it?"

"Something deep that I can't really explain. It's not about really his dark eyes or anything like that. It's really another level. Something deeper."

"You sure you okay?"

"Huh? Yes. Why the question?"

"Just asking. Felt like you talked more about yourself than him. Anyway, just as you said that's another level but I am not sure I can reach it, so I'll just assume that you are right."

"You know, you seem rather fine for a girl having painful menstruations." I noticed, an eyebrow lifted.

"I am such in pain. Ouch...it's hurting...can't you feel it?" she feigned, making both of us chuckle as we kept in gossiping about anything else.

...

Pitt's point of view

I stepped inside the house. There where no soul to be found. As usual, my parents always got back home late and Taylor most of the time had businesses to deal with outside, leaving this empty house to myself, alone. I dropped my stuffs in my room before directing to the pool. The sound of the splashing water and the feeling of being underwater brought me back to my real home. It brought me peace after those past few days I spent at my grandmother's funeral and the long hours of trip to Downtown Hill.

After a few laps, I left himself floating on water as my thoughts were drifting away to my grandmother. Grandma Tory has always been my first confident right after mum. She was wise, empathetic, a careful listener and a guide. She always knew how to bring me back to the shore whenever I was starting to drown from life's turmoils or my family's system. Grandma Tory was my pillar and today she didn't belong my world anymore.

I took a shower before reaching the kitchen. 08:00 PM and the house was still empty. That was for the best. I never really had a proper diner with my whole family or whenever they did, the conversation would either turn around my father's business or my swimming improvement. Sometimes, it just ended up in dramatic argument between dad and Taylor. None of these situation was really tempting and as for me, I'd rather spend the night far from their chaotic aura. I opened the fridge and took the remaining pastas from the evening out to heat it up as diner. Waiting for it to warm up, I poured myself a glass of juice and took a sip of it leaning against the kitchen counter. The door cracked and before I could guess who it was, Taylor already entered the kitchen. A tense silence filled the room as he reached for the fridge, completely ignoring my presence.