Chapter 22 ~ "Torn Between Choices"

~Vartika pov~
Just then, my mom's voice came from behind us. She asked, "What kiss are you talking about Ishu beta?"

Hearing her voice, my throat went dry, and I was struck with fear.

Ishaani said, "Mom, that kiss happened between Abhiraj and Var..tika..."
(mummy voh kiss to Abhiraj aur Vartika ke bich m.ei...n  mein h..ui )
I thought to myself, "What nonsense is she spouting? She'll get me into trouble for sure." Before she could continue, I quickly covered her mouth and said, "Mom, there’s nothing to worry about. She's just being silly and talking nonsense as usual."

Mom, looking annoyed, said, "Take your hand off her mouth. Why are you stopping her? Let her finish what she's saying."

Reluctantly, I removed my hand, thinking, "This crazy girl is going to spill everything and get me into trouble. What do I do? How do I handle this? Think, Vartika, think fast!"
I death glared at her.

Ishaani, trembling with fear, said, "Mom, the kiss... kiss... I kissed Vartika on the cheek just now, that's why. And she was just making a scene."

Mom said, "Oh, but you were talking about what happened between Abhiraj and Vartika, right?

That mistake... oh, oh, I meant their wedding plans, right varu? I was talking about that," she replied with a fake grin.

I quickly nodded, "Yes, that's what she meant."

I finally exhaled in relief, thinking, "Phew, that was close. She almost got me into big trouble."

Mom looked at me and said, "Yes, Vartika dear, that's what I wanted to talk to you about."

Ishaani then said, "Alright, you all continue talking. I'll bring something to eat and drink," and slipped away, leaving me alone. I glared at her, thinking, "What kind of friend is she, leaving me like this?" She just stuck out her tongue and ran off, leaving me to handle the situation alone.

Mom looked at me lovingly and said, "My dear child, tell me, what is your answer about the marriage? Their family is good, and Abhiraj's father is an old friend of your dad. He will treat you well," she said, gently running her hand over my head.

I replied, "No, Mom, I don't want to get married. I want to continue my studies and then help with the family business. I'm not ready yet. I know their family is good, but still, I'm not ready. Please, Mom, you promised that you'd marry me according to my wishes, so please let this be my choice." I gave her my best emotional blackmail eyes.(Puppy eyes 🥺)

She said, "Alright, dear, we know we've left the decision up to you to marry whoever you like, but from my experience, I suggest you think it over once more. The rest is up to you; you're smart." Saying this, she kissed me lovingly on the forehead.

I replied, "Yes, Mom, I'll think about it and let you know." Then I hugged her affectionately.

I said, "Mom, I need to tell you something. I've been having nightmares again, and it feels like everything in them actually happened to me. Is there something you know that I should know, but you're not telling me?"

Upon hearing this, my mother's face immediately turned shocked.

She said, "No, no, dear, what could I possibly hide from you? We haven't hidden anything from you, dear. Okay, now that you've told me, we'll go to the doctor together. Alright? Are you taking your medication regularly?"

"Yeah, Mom, I've been taking my medicine, but still, these thoughts keep creeping in since I've been in Mumbai. They've started again, especially at night. I don't know why, but it feels like..." I trailed off, shaking my head.

Mom said, "But beta, you should have told us. I'm here with you, and I'm your friend. You should tell me everything, alright?"
I quickly nodded

Just then, there was a knock on the door, and Mom answered, "Come in."

Aakriti aunty entered, saying, "Sorry for interrupting your mother-daughter time. Dinner is ready, so I thought I should call you both. Isha couldn't find me anywhere, so I decided to come myself."

Mom said, "No, no, you're now a member of our family. Don't make yourself feel like a stranger. Don't say that. This is your home, you can come here anytime." She said with a smile.

Aunty glanced at my face, which must have looked a bit teary since I had just confided in Mom. She asked, concerned, "Is everything alright, beta? Has something happened to you, dear?"

I smiled and replied, "No, aunty, I'm perfectly fine. Thank you for asking."

She said, "You don't have to call me aunty anymore, dear. You're going to be my daughter-in-law soon, so you can start calling me Mom. When are you going to make me stop feeling like a stranger?"

I couldn't find an answer to this, so I looked at Mom. Mom, smiling, responded to Aakriti aunty, "Oh, she's just a little confused. She'll take some time to think it through, right, Vartika, dear?"

Aunty nodded in agreement, "Yes, you're absolutely right, Avantika Ji. Take your time, I'm in no hurry. Think it through carefully, Vartika, dear." She lovingly placed her hand on my head.

In my mind, I thought, "Yeah, she's not so bad. If she becomes my mother-in-law, it doesn't feel that weird. I don't know, I'm really torn."

To be continue 💗😉
Stay tune with me 👀✨💕

What do you all think? Will Vartika agree to marry Abhiraj or not?

And tell me, how did you like this chapter? Please vote and let me know. Your votes and support mean a lot to me.

Alright, bye! See you in the next chapter, till then take care of yourself and have a wonderful day.