~| Chapter Two: Unwanted Memories |~

Y/N P.O.V
------------------

I grumble, stumbling out of the house with my happy go lucky sister in front of me. The talk with my parents went as expected. Me speaking my feelings, and them not understanding and forcing me to go anyways.

"'You will be fine'."

I grumbled under my breath, mocking my dad as I locked the front door behind me. He didn't even look at me when he said that. He was too busy downing his coffee and reading the newspaper.

"Your sister just wants to get out and have fun, don't be selfish, and use Gab as an excuse and get over it. You need to get out of the house and not spend hours on 'Fartnite'."

I mumbleding darkly, my blood boiling when she said I was using Gab as an excuse, I would never... Then she had the nerve to disregard my favorite game and purposely say it wrong.

I rolled my eyes as I turned from the door, putting a hand to my cheek, rubbing the red stinging mark on my hand. Curse dad and his big hands, it felt like a brick when he slapped me. And Annabelle looked like she could give less of a shit about it.

"Alright, you spoiled wannabe Barbie, before we go to Freddy's I have to go by grocery store and fill out an application for a job. I'm not putting up with this anymore."

I said, it took everything within me not to strangle her. She wasn't looking at me, but she nodded, with a wide, almost grin like smile on her face.

"Just make it quick. My friends are already on their way there."

She whined.

"We get there when we get there."

I growled in response. We walked down the porch and walked to the nearest grocery store. My mom had worked here when I was younger, and because of that, I knew almost all the workers here, and they knew me too. With their help, I could definitely score a job here. It's a mostly safe environment as well.

We walked in, the cold air of the store hitting me as we entered, a chill going down my spine. Then I heard a squeal from my sister beside me before she immediately sprinted down to the candy area. 'If she breaks anything, I swear to god I'm not paying for it.' I thought internally before walking down to the bakery side of the building. The sweet heavenly smell of the cupcakes and other delicious frosted treats made my stomach rumble. I mentally slapped myself, I was so focused on trying to prove a point to my parents that I didn't eat.

Irritated, I walked past the baked sweets and to the counter. As much as I would love to buy a treat for myself, it's too expensive, and I won't get my allowance till next week. My worries washed away when I saw a familiar face at one of the ovens, her curly brunette hair that was half up, half down. She wore her usual dark blue blouse-y puff-sleeved shirt and matching work pants and a white apron with ruffles. The beloved Mrs. Connie of the city. A smile replaced my earlier frown as she noticed me, a smile came to her face too before placing her oven gloves down before walking over to me.

"Well if it isn't little miss Leafy herself."

She joked lightly, which earned a chuckle from me. When I was younger, my mom would sometimes bring me to work with her. Every time she did, Mrs. Connie would always bake a F/Fl cake and let me have a few slices and F/Fl cookie. Back then I didn't know much, but I knew such a kind deed couldn't go un-rewarded. So I did what any normal four year old would do. I gifted her any leaf I found pretty. And she took them without complaint.

It was indeed an embarrassing memory, but at least it made it worthwhile.

"Yeah, yeah, morning to you too, Mrs. Connie."

"So what brings you here today? Your mother sent you for another cake?"

"Nope, not this time. I uh.. I saw the sign outside that said new workers were needed. So I was thinking of applying for a job if it's still available."

At my words, Mrs. Connie had a beaming smile on her face.

"Of course! Luckily, I have a stack of applications in the back. Just make sure you fill it in and bring it to one of us when you're done!"

She said before disappearing off into the back while I had to breathe out a sigh or relief. I looked around, sure enough I saw a glimpse of my sister ogling some frosted cupcakes. I rolled my eyes. She may be human, but she can inhale food like she is a whirlpool. After a few moments, Mrs Connie came to the counter again with a small packet of papers. She followed my gaze and shook her head amusement as she sighed.

"I bet she is quite a handful, huh?"

"Tell me about! She is so popular in her little circle of friends at school. I had nowhere near the number of friends that she does when I was her age."

I huffed in annoyance, taking the packet from her hands.

"And now mom is making me take her to that damn pizzeria because she wants to go, and her friends will be there, as she claims."

Mrs. Connie's eyes widened slightly, taking in my words.

"Freddy's pizzeria?"

I stayed silent, only nodding my head to answer her. The true reason I didn't want to go back was much more. It made me emotional, sure, but that was because it holds so much more value to me. It was the first place where me and him met all those years ago. We were both ten years old, admiring the animatronics, the hunks of junk that scared any kid under three. It had become our favorite place, and for the rest of our friends too when I met them.

Mrs. Connie must have read my thoughts or something because I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"It's ok to feel how you feel. You still miss them terribly, and you miss them every day. I can't imagine how you must have looked when you saw on the news the day Gabriel was announced missing. But I don't think speaking about the place that brought you together like that would make him happy, dear. Think about it in a positive light, for his sake."

I sighed. She was right. Gab would probably want me to at least appreciate Freddy's for what it brought us, nor dwell on what it symbolized for us, and all our friends. If anything, he would probably strangle me if he heard I hadn't gone in the past three years. That thought made me giggle internally.

I turned to her, a soft smile on my lips.

"Ok.. I'll try my best."

Mrs. Connie smiled at my somewhat newfound confidence and gave me a quick hug.

"Now you two best be on your way, I heard that their special performance starts at noon, and it's nearing 11:30."

I looked at my watch, it was 11:27. A louder squeal than before caught my attention, I grumbled under my breath, knowing exactly who it was.

I said my goodbyes to Mrs. Connie, before I felt myself get tugged and pulled away from the counter, making me almost fall.

"Come on, come on! I don't wanna miss it!"

Annabelle whined, tugging on my arm. I swatted her off as I rolled my eyes as we walked out of the store.. I felt a pit in my stomach as we started our way to the one and only... Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria.

------------------
A/N

I might just take a smalllll break after this one, only a few weeks or so because I have irl stuff to worry about. But YAYYYY Second chapter!! I hope you enjoyed!! :D

~1342