and it will always be her.

kartik's pov

and there she did it again. she knows, she clearly knows i can't maintain an eye lock with her when she catches me staring at her. i just can't and thats why she always uses this trick. ache khaase mere staring session ko kharab kar deti hai.

to escape those intense glares from her which were driving me crazy, i tried to indulge myself in a conversation with iggy but the subtle teasing looks he welcomed me with, were enough to lemme know dono bhai-behn jeena mushkil karke rahenge mera. ek jaan legi, ek maze lega, dono bhai behn bechaare bache ko pareshan karke maanenge.

but there was a reason for which i was ready to even bear iggy's teasing — yup, sara, or to be precise, annoyed sara. you know it's funny how this woman gets jealous from her own brother when i spend more time with him.

this one time, she spent a whole night watching youtube videos related to football just because early that day me and iggy spent the whole evening chatting about football and she felt left out. she saw all those videos, understand nothing, not even a single thing and yet bragged to me about it. yeah, that's sara for you all. but frankly speaking i love it. i love when she gets soo desperate for my attention that she gets jealous and insecure from her own baby brother. and no offence, me and iggy make full use of this thing hehe.

when iggy saw that spark in my eyes, he understood where we have to take this. on the clue, he started making jokes on sara and of course i happily joined and fir kya, wahi hua jo expected tha. madam volcano ban gayi.

i knew getting her mad in front of media might be dangerous for me, obviously i don't want people to tag me as 'joru ka ghulam' when we both are still in our 'ex' zone as per the world, so i decided to quietly shut my mouth. but madan kahan shaant baithengi.

she started blaming me as always. and i was left with no option but to explain and justify and defend my poor soul, as always. congratulations kartik, ab dekhna saare fanpages ki stories par 'joru ka ghulam' likha hua.

never mind, ab toh aadat si hai humko, kya hi kar sakte hain. taking a deep breath after doing the impossible task of convincing her, we started making our way towards the exit with paps all around us shouting and constantly demanding for our pictures and videos together.

i am genuinely someone who loves when media people shower me with all the attention and when sara and me are together this becomes more special. but the only time i hate it is when, it takes my opportunities to be my real self with her.

right now, i soooo badly want to hold her hand and as much as i know her, i know even she does. but we can't, because obviously we can't make it obvious. every time our hands brushed with each other's, it took everything in me to control myself and not hold her close to me and my heart.

initially i tried to control myself but when things went out of my hand — quite literally — i simply forced my hand in my pockets. as much as i hated this, i had to do this.

in an attempt to divert my attention and escape these urges, i focused on the person who makes me forget everything happening around me.

but when my one sided staring session turned into two way aankhon ko gustakhiyaan, a red tint adorned her cheeks. “what?” she questioned almost whispering and giggling.

"zoe jaisi lag rahi hai" i said, subtly wondering if she'll get the context or not but the sudden formation of her lips in a smile made me clear, she already had that in her mind.

"hot, sexy, jaan leva?" she asked giggling again. bahut casual tareeka hai madam ka tareef karwane ka.

"nahi, over dressed" i said with a teasing eyebrow raise and the annoyed "shut up" i got in return was enough to make my day. call me weird or whatever but i love annoying her.

the fact that 'the sara ali khan' no one dares to mess with, bears all my roastings, taunts, and teasing is a thing in itself. ab toh itni aadat ho gayi hai isko meri roasting ki, ki agar kabhi galti se flirt karne baith jaun, isko trust hi nahi hota. tab bhi sochti hai main sarcasm mein bol raha hoon. ab yeh acha hai ya bura, yeh toh kuch saalon baad hi pata chalega.

"waise" that little excitement in her tone got my attention and brought me back to the earth.

“yup” i whispered slowly expecting her to crack some joke on this situation because that's what she always does.

"i didn't want to say this, but when you started the topic i can't hold it anymore.”  aisa kya bolna hai isse. her out of context expressions always scare me. i mean come on, that's sara we are talking about. expect the unexpected always.

not able to control my excitement anymore i did a little eyebrow raise to her. lightly leaning towards me, she whispered very softly "main zoe jaisi over dressed, tu veer jaisa underdressed, hum bina twinning ke bhi twin kar rahe hain"

and i swear i couldn't help but blush at her words. me and sara didn't plan any sort of twinning, we didn't even talk about it, leave alone anything else. and god knows how i ended up having the same sort of casual look that iggy opted for today yet it's me and sara who got the legit twinning factor.

it's insane how this always happens. okay i accept sometimes i intentionally twin with her. i mean i know her choice, i know what she prefers for what event, which colour is her priority on which day. i do know all that, and sometimes using this exclusive knowledge only, i make the wildest guesses that nine outta ten times turn out to be successful. but the rest times, when i don't plan this twinning, it happens on its own, just like that.

either our clothes twin, or the colours or we end up with some other sort of coordination, chahe jo marzi ho par hota zarur hai. i don't know how but it's simply magical. ajeeb hai, alag hai. i have always said, with sara, i feel all those things that never happened to me in the past, never ever.

as we were on our way towards the exit, i could see sara getting a bit tense. she wasn't ready to bid bye to me, and honestly, i wasn't either. it's not like our meetings are limited to these media and public events only, we do meet beyond these too but meeting each other in public is a different feeling. it gives a feeling of assurance not just to us, but our fans too. and therefore it's always special.

this day was indeed very beautiful, and i didn't want her to end the day with a sad thought and on a bad note. so i started talking to her about random things. and when she understood what i was doing, a smile adorned her face. and to my luck, even the paps unknowingly helped me in this.

“bhai ek photo saath mein”
— "photo? poori video hai tumhare paas ab” and the cute giggles i heard from my left were enough for me to be happy and thankful for this day.

finally taking a deep breath and getting myself ready for the last memory from this day, i hugged her and bid bye to her. not to exaggerate it, but the moment i held her close to my heart the whole world stopped. no doubt it was for hardly two minutes, yet that minute or two felt like a whole lifetime.

it's crazy how even after five years, every minute spent with her means so much to me. hugging her, getting the essence of her fragrance in my senses, having her close to my heart has always felt like coming back home to me and it still does.

— aashiq dil tera puraana hai yeh
deewana deewana samjhe na