Heartbeat

It's been a few days since the MD incident and J's death. And in that Time, Ace was planning to do something either brilliant, or Idiotic.

Ace was currently in his home, with J's corpse laying on his table, with some parts laying on it. Specifically the nanite tail and headband, the arms, core, and tongue. He was always the tinkerer. Similar to Uzi. His mother was actually a Doctor. Well, for Robots. His dad was a Mechanic. So he learned from them both. And took best of both worlds.

"Okay... Pain Processors turned off."

He said as his visor flashed for a moment. He flicked his arm. Nothing.

"Gauze, check... Saw, check... Tools, check check."

He looked over at one of J's arms. Specifically the right one. He takes a breath.

"Now for the hard part."

He takes the saw, and placed it on his right arm. But before he could start sawing, he heard a knock on his door. He sighed, and sets it down. He opened the door to see... Thad.

"Can I help you?"

He asked with an eyebrow raise.

"Your friends with Uzi, right?"

Thad asked.

"I am. Why?"

Thad chuckled and Scratched the back of his head.

"Just wondering if you know where she is... since she... You know."

"Banished herself?"

Ace asked bluntly.

"Yeah, I know where she is."

Thad smiled.

"Good! I'm just wondering when she's coming back, is all. Do you have any idea? Because I'm not even sure the colony is even serious about that stuff."

Ace shrugged. Thad sighed. He happened to see past Ace, and see... what remained of J.

"Uhh... That's one of the Murder Drones, right?"

He points at it. Ace nods.

"Why is it in your room?"

"Performing surgery."

Ace replied in a curt tone. He was wondering when Thad will leave.

"Cool, cool... I don't think you can save her. She looks pretty... not alive."

Thad stated the obvious.

"No shit."

Ace said.

"I'm doing it on myself. She just happens to have the parts I want."

"Wait, your doing it on yourself?! Isn't that like... dangerous?"

Thad asked with concern.

"Probably. But if I went to any other doctor, they'd most likely call me crazy for wanting to swap out my worker parts for the MD's."

Ace said, and Thad felt a sweat bead run down his face. He laughed nervously.

"Right, well... Have fun with that, I guess?"

"Sure." He said as he closed the door. He went back to where the operating table was. He looked at the body. He noticed something was missing... where's the head at?

The lights suddenly go out. After a minute, he turns a flashlight on.

"It's always something, isn't it?"

He grumbled as he looked at the Table. The corpse was gone. He looked around, and saw it enter a nearby vent.

"... Ffffuuuuuck."