Chapter 6

~A week later~

We were traveling up to London for George's X Factor audition, and going to the O² arena. I had been there once,when I was younger and went with my school to see the Tutankhamun exhibition there. Because we were learning about the Egyptians,our school decided to book a trip to go there. But this one was more special,because I was going with my boyfriend and was going to cheer him on. I kinda lied in the last chapter,because I said that he was eighteen in a few months. Yeah,he had actually already turned eighteen, a while ago. I meant to say nineteen. Oops. Sorry guys.

Anyway, we got in and George was handed his number. He was number 101054. (A/N: Wanna know how I knew that? Well I'm not telling you ;) ) and me and him waited backstage with Dermot until it was his turn to go up. He chatted to us a bit,probably trying to subside the nervousness that I knew was building up in George,and I hugged George and whispered in his ear,"You're gonna be great. Trust me babe." And then it was time for him to go on stage.

The minute he walked on,the audience erupted into applause. Tulisa started to speak to him.

T: What's your name?

G: George Shelley

T: How old are you?

G: I'm 18

T: And what are you doing with yourself at the moment?

G: I work in a coffee shop

T: And, what are you going to sing for us today?

G: I'm going to be singing Toxic by Britney Spears.

T: Ooh! Interesting. Go for it!

And then George launched into the song, played all the notes perfectly and kept saying "royde" when he got to that part,which made me chuckle slightly. As soon as he'd finished the song, the audience became loud again and gave him a standing ovation. He grinned at them all,lights sparkling in his eyes. Now,it was time for the judge's verdict. Louis was up first.

Louis: You've got a great technique and a great vocal.

Gary: You can play the song amazingly and manage to keep in time as well.That takes practice.

And finally,it was the Yes or No part. George looked nervous as hell.

Gary: It's a YES from me!

Tulisa: A massive YES from me!

Louis: 3 yeses, you're through to bootcamp.

George just grinned and thanked the judges,then walked off the stage and gave me a massive hug. "I told you that you could do it babe! You just have to believe in yourself." And then I kissed him on the lips and smiled.