𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

┏━━━━𓏲.ೃ࿔❀˙˖ 。━━━━┓

FUCK YOU, PETER HALE

THERE WASN'T A TIME WHERE PETER HALE WASN'T IN LILY PRICE'S LIFE.

Lily Price was the youngest of three, and was the only girl among her two older brothers. The Price children were strategically all born three years apart, starting with Alexander and then followed by Danny— because god forbid you actually called him Daniel instead.

Age differences and vastly opposing personalities aside, the Prices all had one thing in common: they had all been forced into a sport by the time they were four.

Lily lucked out with the whole competitive dance thing, convincing her father to view it as a sport even though it wasn't stereotypically. She knew he put up a little bit of a fight because he'd wanted her to be a soccer star, but when all she did was pick dandelions on the field, even he had to admit it was never going to work out.

Alexander was a lacrosse guy through and through, eventually becoming Beacon Hills High's very own resident goalie when he got to high school. Based on his success, everyone naturally expected Danny to follow in his footsteps given that they'd both done it growing up.

Imagine everyone's disbelief when he tried out for the basketball team during middle school and made it. Until that point, the only knowledge of the sport he'd acquired came from watching games on the television, but in terms of real world experience? Danny was sincerely lacking in that department.

Until Peter Hale came along, that is.

Lily would always remember being eight years old, standing at the foot of her stairs, clad in her Hello Kitty pyjamas when she saw him for the first time. The two eleven year olds came bursting through the front door, laughing wildly about something she had no knowledge of.

"Let me go grab my water bottle, then we'll go," Danny haphazardly said, before his eyes locked onto the girl's lurking figure. "Oh, hey Lil."

"What're you doing?" she questioned, unaware that the boy even had any plans today.

"We're gonna play some B-ball outside, he's gonna teach me some offensive plays," he answered, and Lily only nodded as her brother kept talking as he left the foyer. "Pete, this is Lily. Lily, this is Peter from school."

Lily liked that Danny always introduced her to his friends. Alexander was the opposite, now a teenager who couldn't be bothered to be associated with his younger brother and even younger sister. Even before that, Danny and Lily Price had always been the closest.

The boy examined her for a beat. "Like the flower?" he asked curiously, basketball tucked at his side. A reminder that their father had set up the new net in front of the garage just the other day.

She tried not to let her confusion show on her face. "I think so?"

He nodded, taking her answer with a grin.

"Cool."

Ever since, Peter Hale was a constant presence in her life. He seemed to always be at the house, and it had gotten to the point where their parents began to be friends with one another too. They lived on the reserve, a ten minute bike ride from the Price residence that was nestled on the edge of the small subdivision.

Not only were Danny and Peter the best of friends, but Lily liked to think that she and Peter were also a decent pair of friends. He would help her with her homework when he could, and if he could, and she was personally his biggest fan at their basketball games once they'd made the high school team.