[Chapter 2]

Ray's Pov

"Ugh...where the fuck am I-?" I woke up, How the hell did I get here? I thought. Slowly, I stood up unaware of where I was. I tried looking around to see if I could find anybody I knew, maybe they already assessed the situation."RAY!" Aspen came sprinting towards me. "Aspen! What the actually fuck is going on?!" I asked.

"I have no idea, I blacked out on the street and now I'm here." She shrugged. Suddenly, a person came in, they had a fox mask on with a black robe. "You two, change into these and head to the auditorium, when you're fully changed." They said coldly as they tossed us a bag of clothes. I went into the restroom, while Aspen still stayed in the room. They bag contained of, a white collared button-up shirt, white pants and...some type of bracelet. I slipped the uniform on which perfectly fit me. And now the bracelet... I put it on my wrist, it looks really high tech. Aspen, just finished changing so we both head out of the room, towards the auditorium.

I tightly gripped Aspen's hand and went to the auditorium and sat down on the nearest chair. Aspen did the same, and we impatiently waited for the masked people to show up. Not much longer later, some guy in a fancy suit with a bull mask popped out behind the curtains. He grabbed the mic from its stand and pulled his mask up so they could hear him more clearly.

 "Attention QuestWing students. You will be participating in our annual...games." He started. He started explaining the rules, but I couldn't give a damn. A couple rules caught my eye though, one of them was "People can give donations if you win them overAnd that "Murder is legal in this place." I started at Aspen, who was paying attention to every. single. word. "Everybody, you have 15 minutes of safety, a man is going to come in with a gun, and a boy with...an illness will also. Find your hiding places and winners of the first challenge each gain $3,000." he spoke.

I grinned gleefully, this is probably one of the most twisted, but fun things i've done in a while. The announcer slowly disappeared into the red velvet curtains until he was out of sight. Aspen started looking around the room, "That guy is built like a stick, and hes crying his eyeballs out." She whispered a little too loud. All the sudden, he walked over to her obviously overhearing what she said. 

"Whatcha say little girl?" He glared at her angrily. "I said you're built like a stick, but your crying like a baby." She rolled her eyes and yawned even though it was almost afternoon. He was fuming red and his friend pulled my arms back. "Hey let me-" He grabbed my waist and almost kissed me, I kicked him in the nuts as hard as I could. He whines in pain, but gets up and slaps me, I let him slap me though. I was about to hit him back but, Aspen was about to get beaten. She can't defend herself, and won't be able to handle the pain.

My overprotective self took over and I lunged at him and boxed him in the face. All eyes were on us, mainly him. I didn't even let him get up, I started beating him. I was so goddamn fucking angry, I couldn't even pay attention to what's around me. My vision was slightly blurry and all I could see was red and black. When he was unrecognizable, I stopped and I finally snapped out of it. I started at my hands ,which were soaked in blood that wasn't even mine, and then looked at him. His face was swollen and bloody, I walked off, and let him bleed until no more blood came out. 

"R-Ray..are you okay?" Aspen reached out to me and pulled out a white handkerchief from her pocket and wiped my face. "You got a bruise and cuts all over, you need to be more careful and start worrying about yourself!" She continued brushing the blood off with care. Suddenly, more masked employees walked over to the now bloody, beaten student and put him on a stretcher. 

One of them came up to me and said, "Unlike the others, YOU actually won't resist fighting. Good job." They pat me on the shoulder and gave me hand signals. I'm pretty sure they said "Keep an eye out for a gun when the bloodbath really starts." I was pretty impressed they can do sign language, but I kept those signals in mind. A short worker came up to us and gave me a small box of bandages. "Fix yourself up alright?" She walked off disappearing behind the curtains. I was staring at Aspen, who was busting open the packaging and finally managed to burst it open. She unwrapped a few band-aids, and put it on my cuts. As soon as she was done the lights brightened, and everybody stopped what they were doing.