CHAPTER 8

"Teri khushboo se meri rooh tak mehka rehti hai, jaise tu mere andar sama gayi ho

"Teri khushboo se meri rooh tak mehka rehti hai, jaise tu mere andar sama gayi ho."

(Your fragrance lingers in my soul, as if you’ve become a part of me)

It is a quiet night in the village, and the moon hung low in the sky, casting an eerie glow over the ancient structures

It is a quiet night in the village, and the moon hung low in the sky, casting an eerie glow over the ancient structures. Tahir wandered alone, his mind still clouded by the strange sense of familiarity he had felt earlier in the day. The village seemed different at night—quieter, darker, as if holding secrets that only came alive under the moonlight.

As he walked past the outskirts of the village, his feet instinctively took him toward the old, abandoned palace. The structure loomed in the distance, a haunting reminder of a bygone era, its cracked walls and overgrown gardens now barely visible in the dim light

Suddenly, Tahir froze. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed movement in the palace garden. His heart skipped a beat as he squinted into the darkness. There, near the crumbling stone pathway, a woman is walking, her figure illuminated by the faint glow of the moon.

She is adorned in a heavy lehenga, the intricate embroidery catching the soft light. The bangles on her wrists clinked softly as she moved, and the heavy jewelry around her neck sparkled, but her face remained hidden beneath a long veil. Her movements are graceful, almost ethereal, as she glided through the overgrown garden.

Tahir's breath caught in his throat. Who is she? His confusion deepened as he watched her, mesmerized yet unsettled. There is something strange about the way she moved—like a shadow from another time, out of place in the present. He took a hesitant step forward, curiosity pulling him closer

The woman paused for a moment, as if sensing his presence, but she did not turn around. Instead, she continued walking toward the entrance of the palace, her form becoming more elusive with each step.

Tahir’s mind raced. He had never seen anyone in the village wear such royal attire, and the palace had been abandoned for years. Yet, there she is, walking as if she belonged to the very walls of the ancient structure.