Chapter 1: Part 4

“ Oh come on, It's gonna be fun!

25-13-13-15-20, I think- I think that's a bad idea. What if someone gets hu—

So what if they do? It's for the viewers. They'll love it, 18-21-2-12-9-23!

Are you out of your mind?!

..

I'm not dealing with this.

Wait!

I have.. an offer to make. ”

I jolted awake, my heart pounding as I frantically surveyed my surroundings.

Oh yeah, I fell asleep.

Though.. what the fuck was that dream about? I couldn't help but wonder, not realizing that I was tugging at my blonde curls as I deepened into thought.

That voice.. it sounded familiar. It physically hurt my brain trying to think about it.

I let out a groan and set aside my thoughts for later as I rose from the comforting embrace of my bed, already missing the warmth it had enveloped me in before I left.

I put my hands on my hips and arched my back, savoring the oddly satisfying cracking noises it made. I lifted my head to steal a glance at the clock hanging on the wall.

And then I remembered that I can't read regular clocks.

I sighed.

I saw the smallest hand, which I presumed was the hour hand, on the clock pointed directly at the number '8', sending shivers down my spine. That specific number had become etched in my mind as a symbol of bad luck.

I reached into my pocket and noticed that my e-handbook was still snug in there while I was asleep. I couldn't believe it hadn't suffered the same fate as my previous devices, which always seemed to break under my watch. It's as if even the sturdiest gadgets became fragile the moment they landed in my hands.

I pulled it out of my pocket, feeling the cold, metallic surface of the device against the warmth of my hands. As I turned it on, I waited for the screen to light up and the familiar regulations to appear.

Rule #2: "Nighttime" is from 10 pm to 7 am. Some areas are off-limits at night, so please exercise caution.

It is 8 am now. The announcement had likely concluded some time ago. After switching it off and returning it to my pocket, I proceeded to look for my keys.

I swore I knew where I left them, but I kept checking under the bed and the table for some reason.

After an embarrassing amount of minutes of nonstop searching, I finally found it just chilling on the nightstand next to my fucking bed.

I released a feeble sigh and swiftly reached for it, making my way to the door and effortlessly unlocking it with the key.

I welcomed myself into the hallways, the atmosphere completely different from my room.

I shifted my gaze to the right and noticed that Wilbur's door was slightly ajar.

My mind instantly went into a state of panic.

Shit, what if he got seriously hurt last night, and the person who hurt him forgot to lock the door behind them?

My breathing quickened as I reached for the doorknob, my hand trembling as I swung the door open wide.

I searched high and low, but he was nowhere to be found. His bed looked like a tornado had hit it, but his dorm overall seemed like nothing had happened.