Not-So-Typical Tour Guide

And we'll all be here forever
We sure will

- You're Gonna Go Far, Noah Kahan

-ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

"She's like fire," Theo leans over to Riven as they walk down a stone path. Evie skips ahead of them, enjoying the view of the new land they're in.

"How?"

Theo takes a breath in. He watches as Evie's blond hair blows in the wind, and her smile lights up everyone's day. "She's beautiful, yet untouchable."

Riven gives a simple head nod. He's glad Theo is comfortable with his company. He can admit that he made a wrong first impression by sending Theo flying during dinner the other night, but things are starting to look smoother.

Theo and Riven lightly chat until Evie comes back to them. She was allowed to go ahead of them to look into the shop windows as they walked down the street. Riven noticed a few people give Evie and Theo an odd look, so he called Evie to return to him. He's no longer optimistic that bringing humans out in public is a great idea. However, it's too late to turn back, so he pushes his gut feeling farther away.

"This place is stunning!" Evie squeals. She has never seen the type of buildings standing before her. They all tower over her with beautifully crafted signs placed around the exterior. She's never been excited about window shopping like this in her life.

Before Riven can tell her to stay with the group, Evie takes Theo's hand to pull him to a pet shop. Both humans look into the window and point at all the exotic pets this world offers. Riven moves out of the light traffic before checking the time. They still have time to make it to the bank, he can let them have a little more fun.

Evie waves Riven over to them. He sees Theo's hilariously shocked face and decides it's worth going over to them. As he gets closer, he can hear their conversation. A small smile spreads on Riven's lips. The human curiosity is almost adorable to him.

"That one looks like a dragon," Evie says before pointing to a large cage. "Imagine if we had a pet dragon."

"Why is it furry?" Theo responds.

"Does it matter?" Evie presses her face against the glass to see farther into the store.

Riven shifts his feet while glancing at the crowds around them. His fingers go through his long hair before finding a place on Evie's shoulders. "Let's try not to draw attention; we should get moving," Riven warns in a low voice before pulling the humans away from the shop. He notices a man sitting on a decorative rock eyeing them down. Riven quickly nods in his direction before swiftly traveling the other way.

Theo walks with his hands crossed behind his back. Everything in this town is bizarre to him. The amount of flying bird people is also an alarming sight. His neck cranes to better view a group of people flying over his head while participating in a lively chat.