Twisted (Shelly pov)

As I lay down with Astro, feeling the softness of his blankets and the warmth of his embrace, my phone buzzes with a text message from Vee. Despite the distraction, I choose to ignore it. Right now, I just want to bask in the peacefulness of the moment, free from any external noise.

With Astro by my side, I find myself drifting off to sleep, comforted by his presence. His weighted blanket provides a sense of security, and his warmth is like a cocoon. I catch a whiff of his comforting scent, reminiscent of hot chocolate, and I can't help but feel grateful for his friendship.

My phone vibrates once more, breaking the silence of the night. "Is it vee again? Just ignore it and try to get some sleep. I can give you a good dream tonight, just for you," Astro says, gently pulling Shelly closer to him. "Okay," I say with a sigh of relief. I reach for my phone, put it on silent mode, and disable notifications. Finally, I feel a sense of peace washing over me. As I nestle closer to Astro, I can feel my mind and body slowly surrendering to the embrace of sleep, allowing myself to drift into a world of dreams.

Morning

I woke up, feeling the warmth of the morning sun on my face, but to my surprise, Astro wasn't next to me. As I stretched and yawned, the delightful scent of pancakes wafted through the air, drawing me out of bed and into the dining room. There, I found all of my animated friends gathered around, except for Vee.

"Good morning, Shelly, looking slay as ever!" Glisten greeted me with a compliment, and I couldn't help but wonder if he was teasing or genuinely expressing admiration. Astro noticed my presence and enveloped me in a warm hug. "Shelly! How was your sleep last night?" he asked with genuine concern. Still feeling a bit drowsy, I returned the hug without saying a word.

I glanced around the room, feeling a knot of worry tightening in my stomach. "Where is Vee? I just saw her yesterday," I blurted out. Everyone's expressions turned somber, exchanging concerned glances. Dazzle leaned in and whispered something to Razzle, their faces reflecting deep concern. Poppy approached me and gently placed her hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry," she said softly, her voice trailing off. "We couldn't do anything to help her. She got infected and turned twisted. She ventured out to search for some Ichor, but something caused her to become twisted. Regrettably, we had to lock her out and leave her behind. We are deeply sorry for what happened."

I was speechless, the weight of her words sinking in. I reached for my phone, scrolling through my messages. There it was - Vee's last words to me. Regret flooded through me as I realized that I had missed her desperate plea for help. It was all my fault.

I rush to my room, feeling a surge of overwhelming emotions, and collapse onto the bed, tears streaming down my face. Every fiber of my being is consumed by the belief that everything that has happened is entirely my fault. If only I had responded to Vee last night maybe I could have saved her. If I wasn't so distracted by Astro I could have saved Vee. I'm such a terrible friend.