Holly'foots gone

Black'heart woke up and looked around for her best friend Holly'foot, But she was nowhere to be seen. She walked out of the warriors den and into the warmth of Greenleaf. Her fur felt warm as she ran to her leaders den. Her leader Silver'star sat outside the den. Black'heart asked him in a worried tone "Have you seen Holly'foot". He said he hadn't seen her all morning and she might be on patrol with her apprentice. Black'heart sighed and walked back to her den with a feeling of unease. It's not like Holly'foot to go on a patrol without telling anyone. She didn't know what to do so she went to her favourite spot in the forest where she first became friends with Holly'foot. 

  Holly'foot used to be a loner and lived in the forest. She came to that spot often. One day when Black'heart came to that spot she saw Holly'foot sitting there. They started talking and Black'heart took her to camp, that is when Holly'foot became a part of the Dawnclan and they became friends. Black'heart sighed as she thought of the memory. 

  She walked back to camp still with a feeling that something was wrong. Why did Holly'foot tell no one where she went. As she entered the camp Sand'pelt came running towards her. He wondered if they could go on a patrol together so they could talk a bit. Black'heart didn't feel like it but She said yes anyways. They walked around the border and talked about what had happened and why Black'heart was so sad. So she told him everything. Why Holly'foot didn't tell anyone where she went and how worried she was about her best friend. Sand'pelt told her that everything will be okay and that she would probably come back at the end of the day. Black'heart listened and tried not to think about Holly'foot anymore. They walked back to camp and when they got there she saw Holly'foots apprentice Gray'paw. Black'heart trotted over to the little apprentice and asked him if he had seen Holly'foot. He just said that he saw her leave camp before sunrise. Black'heart thanked him and wondered if he wanted to go out hunting with Black'heart and her apprentice. Gray'paw eagerly said yes. Black'heart asked her apprentice and then they ran out to the forest. They practised hunting and managed to catch a few squirrels and mice. But the whole time Black'heart had the feeling they were being watched but she didn't see anyone. 

As they got back to camp the sun was already setting so they went to sleep. The next morning Black'heart went outside just to realise all the cats were gathering under the high-rock. That's when she realised that Honey'wind was missing.