Shattered Peace: The Whisper of M

Scene 1: Fun at the Lantern Rite

The vibrant colors of Liyue's Lantern Rite painted the sky as glowing lanterns drifted upward, casting a golden light over the streets. Lyka, though new to this world, found herself enchanted by the festival. It wasn't just the beauty of the lanterns; it was the joy on the faces of the people around her. Despite the strange circumstances that had brought her here, she felt a strange sense of peace.

With Lumine walking beside her and Paimon darting ahead to explore the festival stalls, Lyka allowed herself to relax. The smell of food filled the air, and the lively chatter of the crowd gave the night an infectious energy.

Paimon: (flying excitedly) Whoa! Look at all the food stalls! Liyue really knows how to celebrate!

Paimon's eyes sparkled as she zipped from stall to stall, her attention drawn to various snacks and delicacies laid out for the festival. Lyka chuckled softly, watching the small floating companion dart around like an excited child.

Lyka: (smiling) I've never seen anything quite like this festival. It's... beautiful.

Lumine: (glancing at her) Liyue has a lot of unique traditions. The Lantern Rite is one of the most important—it's a time for everyone to gather and honor those who came before us. It's also about letting go of the past and welcoming the future.

Lyka nodded thoughtfully, her gaze turning upward as another lantern rose into the night sky. There was something comforting about the ritual—the way each lantern carried hopes, dreams, and memories with it. It reminded her of the times she had spent with Kiana and the others back in Kiana's world.

Lyka: (softly) Welcoming the future, huh... I wonder how Kiana is doing.

Lumine noticed the wistful tone in Lyka's voice, sensing that there was more to her story. Before she could ask, Paimon reappeared, holding a large plate of lotus crisps and jade parcels with a big grin on her face.

Paimon: (excited, holding the plate) Look what I got! Lotus crisps! Jade parcels! Want some?

Lyka chuckled again, taking a crisp and nodding her thanks.

Lyka: Thanks, Paimon. These look amazing.

The trio continued to wander through the festival, enjoying the sights and sounds. People were gathered at every corner, setting off fireworks, lighting lanterns, and sharing stories. The night was filled with warmth and joy.

As they moved through the crowd, they came across Keqing, who was overseeing some of the festival's preparations. She approached them with her usual sharp, determined expression, but there was a softness in her eyes as she took in the festival atmosphere.

Keqing: (curious) Lumine, Paimon. It's good to see you both. And I see you've brought a new friend.

Lumine smiled and gestured to Lyka.

Lumine: Keqing, this is Lyka. She's... from another world.

Paimon: (chiming in) Yeah! She kinda fell from the sky!

Keqing raised an eyebrow at that, clearly intrigued. Lyka offered a polite nod, unsure of how much to reveal about her situation.

Lyka: It's nice to meet you. Your city is incredible... I've never seen anything like it.