Chapter 5: Lyka's Awakening and the Return of Invecta

Scene 1: The Weight of an Imbalance

Days had passed since the fight in Liyue, and Lyka found herself alone at the edge of Sumeru City, reflecting on the chaos that had unfolded. Her thoughts drifted back to her battle in Kiana's world, where her magic had clashed with Honkai energy, an imbalance that had pushed her power to the brink.

She sat in silence, trying to find calm but feeling the tremors of instability within her magic.

Lumine and Paimon approached her, with Nahida trailing behind, concerned about Lyka's withdrawn demeanor.

Lumine: Gently "Lyka, you've been distant ever since the Lantern Rite. Is something troubling you?"

Nahida: Her voice calm but soft "Does it have to do with what happened in Kiana's world? You've been carrying a heavy burden."

Lyka's gaze stayed on the horizon, her heart heavy with the weight of her experiences. She had forced her magic into an unnatural balance in Kiana's world, a place driven by Honkai energy, not magic.

Lyka: Whispering "In Kiana's world... Honkai energy and magic don't mix. I was forcing myself to use magic in a world where it doesn't belong. That's why I lost control. It corrupted my power."

Her voice quivered slightly as she remembered how she had nearly destroyed Liyue with her unstable magic. Her fingers twitched as she looked at her hands.

Lyka: With regret "I could've hurt people. I almost did..."

Paimon: Trying to comfort her "But you didn't! You held back in the end, Lyka. You did great!"

Lumine: Her tone reassuring "You showed restraint and strength. You stopped before things got worse."

Lyka smiled faintly at their words, but inside, the storm of emotions still raged. The imbalance in her magic haunted her, and she didn't trust herself anymore. She questioned whether she truly belonged anywhere—neither in Kiana's world nor here in Teyvat.

Lyka: Sighing "But what if I can't control it next time?"

Before Lumine or Nahida could respond, a deep rumbling echoed through the ground, shaking the trees around them. The air grew dense with a familiar, dark energy—one Lyka had hoped never to encounter again.

???: "Lyka... Did you think you could run from me forever?"

The voice sent shivers down Lyka's spine. Her blood ran cold. She knew that voice, all too well. It wasn't Marcellus. It was something far more terrifying.

Lyka: Her body shaking as she whispered "No... not him..."

The earth cracked open beneath them, and from the shadows emerged a towering, dark figure. Massive wings blocked out the sun as crimson eyes glowed in the darkness. It was Invecta, the Black Dragon God—the ancient beast that had once pursued her in Kiana's world.

Invecta: Roaring with fury "You thought you could escape my wrath, Lyka? You stole power from me! I failed to devour you once, but I will not fail again."

The ground beneath them trembled with Invecta's presence, his claws tearing through the earth as he advanced toward Lyka. His voice echoed like thunder, filled with venomous rage. The sealing rings on Lyka's fingers began to glow, trembling in response to the dragon's overwhelming power.