SEASON 3 TBR-PART 3

Fire starter

Harper's POV:

"Lizanne could be lying, but so could Tyler and Rick. Or anyone, we've got no proof of anything." Tracy announced and I nodded in agreement and Gus moved back slightly as he pointed to an almost empty whiteboard. "We need to conduct a forensic investigation."

"Which means we need to get into the attic." I state the obvious as I look between Tracy and Gus.

At first, Elektra attempted to pick the lock open with a small screwdriver, which didn't work. Then she attempted to take the lock off of the door, which also didn't work. "Bet they don't have this trouble in CSI." Tracy mumbled as Elektra let out a loud sigh.

Suddenly, Rick appeared and lightly moved Elektra out of the way as he picked up a hammer from the tool box on the floor and managed to get the lock off the door within seconds. The action made my own and Elektra's jaws drop open. "There you go." Rick handed me the hammer and when he saw my jaw dropped face a smug smirk slid onto his face almost instantly making me grin.

"Yeah, I was gonna do that..." Elektra muttered as Rick wandered down the corridor and I nodded sarcastically. "Of course you were." Elektra pulled a mimicking face at me as I chuckled lightly. "You, stay on lookout." Tracy pointed at Elektra before ushering me and Gus to follow her into the attic.

I never liked the attic much. It was full of dust, cobwebs, bugs-don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who will scream at the sight of a tiny spider but I'd just much prefer to sit in my nice clean bedroom than in a dusty attic.

I frowned as I followed Tracy into the dark attic, Gus trailing behind me. "Gus, you check over there, I'll check here, Harper, you check over there." Tracy directed us and we all nodded as we began to investigate our designated areas. Any movement I made, the floorboards would let out a loud groan making me cringe slightly.

I hated it when floorboards are so old they begin to make noises. I mean, it's the most classic horror thing you've ever seen.

"Harper, Tracy, look at this." Gus spoke aloud interrupting my thoughts and me and Tracy both turned to see Gus holding a cigarette butt. "A cigarette butt?" Tracy questioned as he took it from Gus' hands and inspected it a tad closer. "Granthams."

"Look there's more." I pointed to the bag of Mr Hamster's sawdust that Gus had found the first one in and Gus and I began pulling out even more cigarette butts. "Someone's been using this place as a secret smoking spot." I told the other two as Gus began placing the cigarette butts into a small plastic baggie he had grabbed for evidence.

"WHO'S UP THERE!?" We heard Dennis yell making as all stand up straight and Gus dropped the bag and took a few steps back. "Gus, it's okay don't panic." Tracy told him as I bent down to pick up the bag and stuffed it into my pocket. However, Gus didn't listen and continued taking steps backwards in fear of being confronted by Dennis.

"It's alright." Tracy told Gus in a comforting tone as he began to shake his head. "Gus, don't worry it's gonna be fine." I began try and help Tracy reassure the boy, that was before he stepped on an area in the floorboards that had been massively damaged by the fire. Gus looked down as the floorboards creaked loudly and he let out a scream as he began to fall through them.

"GUS!" I screeched as I attempted to reach out and grab him, however Tracy held me back. I just about managed to see that Gus had landed in Carmen/Lily's room and luckily for him, he had landed on Lily's bed.

Tee, Carmen and Lily all rushed over to Gus to check if he was alright as Kitty just looked up at Tracy and I. "What happened?" Carmen questioned and Gus mumbled a small "Tracy."
Lily and Tee both looked up as I stared down at Gus in shock. "Is he alright?" Tracy yelled before someone shoved me into Tracy harshly. "Ow!" I grumbled and I looked to my side to see Dennis.