The Cold Reality

---

The Shattered Vow - Chapter 2: The Cold Reality

The wedding was over. The vows exchanged. The grand celebration now a memory. As Sahil and Tanya were driven to the sprawling mansion his parents had gifted them, silence weighed heavy between them, thicker than the night air.

The mansion was stunning, with its towering columns and perfectly manicured lawns—a symbol of wealth and power, yet to Tanya, it felt cold and empty

Sahil stepped out of the car first, his face unreadable, his gaze distant. Tanya followed, her heart fluttering with a mix of nervousness and hope.

She had imagined this moment in countless ways—her first night in their new home as husband and wife—but none of those fantasies included the icy tension she felt now.

As they entered the grand foyer, the staff greeted them with polite bows, and Tanya’s eyes wandered around, taking in the vast beauty of the house. But it felt hollow, like the walls themselves could sense the disconnect between them.

She looked at Sahil, hoping for a moment of warmth, a sign that this wasn’t just a business deal to him.

But Sahil remained cold, distant. His eyes flickered toward her for a brief second, then away, as if she were a mere stranger.

Without glancing her way, he finally spoke, his voice devoid of emotion.

“You’ll sleep in a different room.”

The words hit her like a slap, sharp and unexpected. Tanya’s heart sank, but she forced herself to remain composed.

She tried to meet his eyes, hoping for some explanation, some reassurance that this wasn’t how it was supposed to be. But none came.

“And don’t bother me for anything,” he continued, his tone icy and detached. “If you need something, ask the maid.”

Tanya blinked, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. She had known he didn’t love her, had expected that things would be difficult, but hearing it so plainly, so coldly… it shattered the small hope she’d been clinging to. Her chest tightened, the ache of his rejection settling deep within her.

“Goodnight,” Sahil said without waiting for her response. He turned on his heel and disappeared down the long hallway, leaving her standing alone in the massive, unfamiliar house.

The Next Morning:

Determined not to let her broken heart define her first day as his wife, Tanya woke up early. She wanted to do something, anything, to prove she was worthy of more than just being a contract bride.

She decided to make breakfast, hoping perhaps this small gesture would soften the wall between them.

In the kitchen, she moved swiftly, preparing a simple but carefully thought-out meal. She cooked his favorite dishes, remembering them from a distant family dinner they had attended years ago.