Chapter 10

" The true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. "

Audrey Hepburn

__________________

" The 2002 Miss America is..."

Drum-roll resounded around the theater as the audience and contestants sat on the edge of their edge in anticipation.

Sherry Winthrop spotted her best friends and boyfriend in the middle of the crowd, their smiles bright as Fred sent her an encouraging thumbs up and Daphne motioned to straighten her posture, which she did. Velma was fiddling with a loose thread on her orange sweater while Shaggy and Scooby were just as nervous as the blonde was for the reveal.

The Winthrop grasped the hand of Miss Montana and they both closed their eyes as the drum-roll stopped.

" Miss Ohio!"

The crowd went nuts, cheers and chants filling Sherry's ears as she laughed in disbelief, quickly hugging her opponent before the former Miss America placed the glittering tiara upon her head alongside a silky sash across her torso.

The blonde waved at the audience and viewers from home as she gazed into the camera with the pretty smile she'd been practising for years.

Glancing back out into the crowd, Sherry smiled at the sight of those she loved cheering for her.

Dreams really did come true.