Chapter 9

Holly's POV - Five Months Ago

It has been a month so far since Dylan had told Meredith that he wanted a divorce. So far, knock on wood, things had been relatively calm. Dylan took all of the precautions necessary to make sure that I was safe, and that nobody would notice us around. He had come by any time I was working nights after he was done with his work to make sure Meredith hadn't come around to threaten me, or that she didn't hire anyone to scare me. 

Luckily, neither of us believed that she knew who I truly was. Since they had the conversation about getting divorced, we had stayed out of the city and done things either in the neighborhood of where I lived, or other towns nearby.

The only meeting that Dylan and Meredith have had since that loud conversation was at Dylan's business, with both of their lawyers present, to go over the terms and conditions of their divorce. They originally said it would only take about two or three months, but there was a little bit of a difficulty with her having the house, but it was in his name. Since Dylan had already paid it off a long time ago, it was a matter of her having enough credit and documentation to be able to pay the taxes on the home every year once it's officially hers. Because of this, it was taking longer than we would have liked, holding up the ability to go to the next step, making all of this take longer.

I was at home after my morning shift at the boutique, drinking coffee and stuck in my thoughts about everything going on. Every little noise, everything that seemed slightly out of place just because I forgot where I put something made me on edge. I was scared to be alone in my house, and was taking even more extra shifts any time I wasn't with Dylan just to be in the public, in case Meredith or someone she would hire, would come after me. 

My phone ringing broke me out of my thoughts.

"Hi beautiful! How are you doing today," Dylan says happily, and I could hear an engine revving a few times in the background.

"I'm doing pretty good today, I'm all done with work so that's good. Just watching TV and having some coffee for now. How are you honey," I ask, smiling and putting my coffee down. No one could make me smile like Dylan does.

"I'm good, I have some wonderful news! The lawyers were able to sort that whole issue out with the house, so we're able to move on to the next step!"

The amount of happiness and glee that went through me after hearing this news was incredible! I was so happy and glad that we were moving onto the next phase of this whole thing, and that we were one step closer to being done with it.

"That's amazing! I'm so happy. I cannot wait to have all of this behind us!"

"Me neither, darling! I got out of work early too, so I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner to celebrate? I know this really nice Italian place a little south of here, there's a park we could go to after, if you'd like?"

I could tell just by his voice that he was smiling over the phone, and it was contagious. The grin on my face was so huge, and I immediately rushed into my bedroom to pick another outfit as I replied, "I would love that, let's do it!"

"Perfect, I'll be there in about a half hour, does that sound good? I just need to take a quick shower and change, freshen up a bit," he laughs.

"Okay honey, sounds good. I need a little time anyway to change too," I laugh and already start looking through my dresser for jeans.

He laughs, "We're always on the same page, aren't we?"

"Yes we are. Drive safe, my sweet."