Prologue

"There is nothing more rewarding to my soul than being the reason for a child's smile. Being the spark that ignites all their hopes and dreams. We owe it all to these children; this company and its toys are nothing without them. That is why it is with enormous pleasure that, as the founder of Playtime Co., I announce... Playcare!, our very own on-site orphanage. A child should never be left without love, never without a hand to hold on to when they see a monster in their closet. May Playcare bring joy, inspiration and smiles to every child who walks through these doors."

Playcare...Playcare is a giant metal dome. It has an artificial skylight behind a large fan in the ceiling. The dome is painted to look like there are stars when the lights are turned off. From the top of the dome, fake clouds hang in the painted artificial sky. Around the sides of the dome are fake walls of painted skies and clouds. On the sidewalks are a bunch of Bron-shaped light poles.

In the center of Playcare is a large platform with round statues that feature all of the Smiling Critters and around the base is a podium with each description of each of the Smiling Critters and a button to listen to an audio file. Playcare has five main locations: Toy Store, Counselor's Office, The School, the Playhouse, and Home Sweet Home. There is grass, trees, and artificial plants to give the orphans an illusion and make them think they are on the surface.
There is a map that shows where all the locations are in Playcare.

Today finally marks the opening of Playcare, the children's orphanage that everyone has been talking about, a total of 500 children were registered at Playcare, all of them were guided to their new home: Home Sweet Home, where they will spend the rest of their lives, happy and content... Or maybe not?

"And you... Who are you? Are you... Poppy's Angel...?"

"You are the only one who can help us..."