1

[FADE IN]

INT. LUXURIOUS BROTHEL

- MAIN HALL -

NIGHT

The opulent main hall of the brothel is filled with NOBLE GENTLEMEN reclining on silk cushions. The air is rich with the scent of incense and the soft murmur of conversations. COURTESANS move gracefully among the guests, their smiles hiding the weariness of a long night.

CAMERA PANS ACROSS the room, capturing the wealth: silk tapestries, porcelain cups, and the shimmer of jewels.

ANGLE ON: AIYUE

AIYUE, a woman of striking beauty and grace, steps into the center of the room. Her lavender gown flows around her, and her hair is adorned with simple yet elegant silver pins. She takes a deep breath, composing herself. The MUSICIAN begins to play the GUZHENG, a haunting melody that fills the room.

AIYUE'S (V.O.)

(Soft, introspective) "This world... so rich, so empty. They see me, yet they never truly see. I dance, but my soul remains still."

AIYUE begins to dance. Her movements are fluid, deliberate. Every step, every turn is precise, a testament to years of training. The guests are entranced, their eyes following her every movement.

CLOSE-UP: AIYUE'S EYES

There's a flicker of something deeper—pain, perhaps? Determination? It's subtle, almost imperceptible, but it's there.

AIYUE'S (V.O.)

(Quiet, determined) "I am more than this performance. They see only the surface, but beneath... beneath, there is something they cannot touch."

CUT TO: ANGLE ON THE GUESTS

A WEALTHY MERCHANT leans forward, captivated. He whispers to the man beside him, unable to tear his eyes away from AIYUE.

MERCHANT

(Whispering) "There's something different about her. She's... unlike the others."

MAN BESIDE MERCHANT

(Nods, intrigued) "She dances as if the world itself is watching."

BACK TO: AIYUE

Her dance becomes more intricate, the movements faster, yet still controlled. The GUZHENG player increases the tempo, matching her intensity.

AIYUE (V.O.)

(Melancholy) "They see what they want to see—a woman who is theirs to command. But I belong to no one. Not in the way they think."

AIYUE ends her dance with a final, graceful pose, her head slightly bowed. For a moment, there is silence—then the room erupts into applause. The guests rise, clapping enthusiastically, their admiration evident. AIYUE lifts her head, acknowledging them with a small, polite smile. She steps back, retreating gracefully.

[FADE OUT]