amour déroutant

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The next day, Violet arrived at the set, her heart racing with a mix of excitement and nerves. The buzz of the crew preparing for the day’s shoot surrounded her, but all she could focus on was Nicholas. After all the recent confusion and her swirling feelings, she was eager to see him, to talk, to figure things out.

As she walked through the set, she was immediately met with congratulatory shouts from her co-stars and crew members. “Violet! You were amazing at Fashion Week!” “We all saw you! You totally stole the show!” The compliments were relentless, and while she appreciated the kindness, all she wanted was a moment to breathe and catch up with Nicholas.

“Thanks, everyone! It really means a lot,” she said, trying to smile through the onslaught of attention. But as she scanned the room, her eyes finally landed on Nicholas, who was talking to Jacob. His expression was warm and inviting, and she felt a flutter in her stomach.

But just as she started to make her way over, another colleague interrupted. “Violet, you were phenomenal! You’re such an inspiration!” They pulled her into a brief hug, and before she knew it, she was surrounded by a small group of people eager to congratulate her.

“Did you see the reviews? They’re raving about you!” another chimed in, and the conversation flowed like an unstoppable current. Violet was swept away in a whirlwind of praise, feeling both elated and trapped.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of chatter and congratulations, Violet spotted a break in the crowd and seized her chance. “Okay, everyone, I really appreciate the love, Talk to me later if you want signatures or a lock of hair!” She maneuvered through the crowd, listening to the laughter of others at her short, playful response. Her heart pounding with anticipation.

When she finally reached Nick, she found him leaning against a prop, a soft smile on his face. “Hey, superstar,” he greeted, his eyes sparkling with warmth.

“Hey! Sorry for all that show. Everyone is so excited,” she said, trying to keep her tone light.

“Can’t blame them. You deserve it,” he replied, a hint of admiration in his voice. “You were incredible.”

Violet then felt that tickle in her stomach again, her cheeks slightly gaining heat and her chest sinking after letting out a laugh, nodding  her heart fluttering again at the sincerity in his words. "Thanks...actually i-"

Just then, Jacob and the others approached, interrupting their moment. “Look who finally made it! The queen herself!” Jacob joked, giving her a playful nudge.

Violet laughed, but the tension in her chest remained. “You guys really know how to keep a girl busy,” she said, rolling her eyes good-naturedly.

Once they’d settled in, Nicholas leaned closer to her. “I was worried you wouldn’t get a moment to breathe. I’m glad you’re here now,” he said softly, his gaze locking onto hers.

“Me too,” Violet replied, feeling a warmth spread through her. But she also felt the weight of unspoken feelings hanging between them. She wanted to say something, to dive deeper into what they had been skirting around, but the atmosphere felt charged with unacknowledged emotions.

“Are you ready for today’s shoot?” Nicholas asked, attempting to keep the mood light, but she sensed the underlying curiosity in his tone.

“Yeah, I think so. Just trying to shake off all the craziness from Fashion Week,” she replied, her smile faltering as she considered everything they hadn’t yet talked about.

Nicholas nodded, and for a moment, they were lost in each other’s gaze, the noise of the set fading into the background. But before either could say more, the director called everyone to attention.