xvii.

| | journal one, pg. 17| |

2014

It's Christmas.

Madaya woke up at the ass crack of dawn, the same tradition her parents made them do, opening two presents and then the rest later on that day.

After enjoying her two gifts, Madaya went back upstairs and knocked out again. She didn't wake back up till 11, the reason was the aroma of her mother's breakfast and cheerful sounds of Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" blasting from the speakers downstairs.

When she finally made her way down, her and family ate before gathering back into the living room to open the rest of the gifts

When she finally made her way down, her and family ate before gathering back into the living room to open the rest of the gifts. Madaya was happy that most of the items she asked for on her

Christmas list was now sitting in her room. She got the new IPhone, a pair of Beats headphones, different pairs of shoes, and her shopping cart on Forever 21. Which she know her mother got because certain clothes wouldn't be in those boxes if her dad ordered them.

Then her mom wanted to take pictures with their snowman onesie pajamas, spending literally fifteen minutes to get one 'perfect' picture because the twins acted like they didn't want to take the picture.

That was three hours ago.

Madaya had sent her friends a quick Merry Christmas and that she'll talk to them later before scrolling out and rubs her across

Cameron's contact. Her smile falters and heart sank a little, remembering that he won't be here for their first Christmas together.

Babe 🥰🥰:
i know you might still be sleeping
but merry christmas
i wish I could be there with you rn

The corner of her lips lifts back up from the message. Quickly, her fingers moves across the keyboard to respond to his text.

My Heart ❤️:
merry christmas!!!
i wish you were here as well
do you wanna call later?

Madaya waits for a second, to see if he'll reply back. When he didn't, she sighs and tosses her phone to the side before sliding out of the bed to brush her teeth.

By the time exits her bathroom and opens her bedroom door to walk downstairs, she hears her mom yelling at the twins to clean up their mess.

"Aht! Y'all need to clean up this mess!" Leticia's voices as Madaya creeps down the steps, "I don't want the Boyce's walking in here with it looking like a war-zone."

"Relax, ma. It's not like it's the first time they've seen our house like this." Makari quips, a cheeky grin plastered on his face. Madaya shakes her head, eyeing her brother with crossed arms as she made it at the bottom of the steps. A hand came down hard on the back of his head from their mom as she walks past him with a garbage bag.