Chapter 5

Nova

I woke up turning to the side to see if Jalen was still in bed but he wasn't. I said my prayers and I got up and grabbed my phone. I noticed a check under it one million dollars, I smiled as I got off the bed. I went on IG and started recording myself

"Woke up one milly richer today!" I said with a big smile on myself "whatever you do in this life always choose to be a smart bitch, that's all for now but ain't God good. Yall have a good day cause me imma ball the fuck out today OKAY!" I said smiling happy as hell as I ended the video and posted it on my story

I turned on the shower and went to check Jalen's location, he was at Layla's house. I put the phone down and took off my clothes and hopped in the shower, after I was done I put on my lotion and got myself ready for the day. I texted my friend Sage to meet up for brunch she was down so I started heading to the place we were meeting up at. When I arrived I went inside the music was loud people were dancing I could tell niggas was tipsy in this bitch. One thing about Sage she always knows where you can go to have a good time and she always brings the niggas. Jalen hates when I'm around Sage he thinks she be trying to get me to fuck around with other niggas. Which is not true Sage just don't like when Jalen play in my face sometimes and what can you expect from a good friend but that.

"Bitch!!! Oh yall I didn't know all yall was coming !" I screamed excitedly as I made my way to our table. A lot of my friends were here so I got really excited. I gave everyone a hug and sat down. We started taking shots and dancing while eating our appetizers. We all were recording and having a good time then of course the niggas started coming these are friends from high school and college and some people from work. I seen Avery, he looked really good. I tried not to lock eyes with him, me and Avery had this unspoken thing going on in college. Whenever me and Avery were not together because in college we went to different school so things became hard we would break up but always get back together but when we were not together Avery was there for me and we did have sex a couple of times and I never told Jalen about any of it he doesn't know anything about Avery and I would like to keep it that way. Avery is a very handsome man, a good thing to look at. He made his way to me.

"Shit" I whispered to myself

"Is that Nova?" He said acting like he trying to see if it's really me, I laughed at him

"In the flesh" I said smiling

"Damn girl you look good" he said reaching for a hug I got up from my sit and gave him a hug. He hugged me really tight as we both dangled around and let go of each other smiling

"Thank you" I told him "you look good too as always Mr always got that shit on" I said laughing, he joined in as he pulled it the chair next to mine. We both sat down, my body was facing him while his was facing me as we fell into a deep conversation catching up. It was like no one else was in the room but us the music felt low just loud enough but with no noise from the people in the room because it felt like they were not even around it was a good feeling. Avery looked really good .

 Avery looked really good