Prologue

It is night. The clouds are blocking out the stars.

"Don't worry Mage, the sky will be clear again soon" the voice came from the elderly woman who had lived in the village with Mage. "I know," Mage says. He sighs looking up once again. "I don't care as long as the moon's light still shines." He looked up at the sky, when the sun met the horizon, that always meant the moon would come up, giving guidance to any sailors. "Do you think they'll ever find us?"

The old woman chuckled. "Of course they will, all they have to do is follow the sun during day, the moon at night." This was the slightest bit reassuring. But something in the distance caught Mage's eyes. "What is that light? Is it a boat?"

The old woman looked on. "Must be, I don't know what else it-" no more words came out.

Explosions, thousands it seemed. An attack. Mage ran far, leaving the old woman. The woman had been shot, no helping her now, just have to keep running. Can't stop, or they'll catch you. The lost never used to be actually lost, but now they were. All because of all the cold hearted people who wanted nothing but destruction and chaos. Mage had ran 16 miles that day, and will keep running the next. He didn't want to be caught. The brown haired boy was now alone. Will anyone ever find him?

Maybe, maybe not.

Days had passed, but it seemed like centuries. There was only so much of the island, but Mage had to keep running, running until there was no more place to run to. After that- who knows. He has escaped, and he still has a long life to live. 

Later he found himself on a beach. Was this the edge of the island already? Yes, it was. He had reached the end. The sun had started to rise, but he had never see the sun coming up from what looked like out of the ocean. He's only seen it go down. Yes he's seen many sunrises but not like this. As he gazed out into the horizon he spotted something tiny in the distance. It was a boat. Far away it was, but with each passing hour it seemed to come closer.

That's when Mage wondered the most ridiculous question.

Is there an end to the horizon?