Chapter 1

"Minato!" 

Minato's head whipped around. "Oh hey!" It was his friend, Rin. 

She was always around, but it wasn't bad. She was a good person, always helping others, but she could get annoying sometimes, especially with how much she yapped.

"So.. what are you doing today Minato?"

Minato looked at her. "Oh I'm going to the book store, Mor said they have new manga there"

Rin looked confused. "Mor? OH.... Yea! That guy! Well I have to go home and study for the test tomorrow, see you later!"

Minato chuckled. "Yea yea, see you tomorrow!"

A few hours had passed, Minato was sitting on a bench. The bookstore had closed early that day because of a parade. Even though Minato loved to party- he was a little too worn out, today anyway. He'll catch the next one. He was currently waiting for a bus, but it never came.

Strange.

He looked at his phone to see the bus schedule. The bus wasn't running today.

"DAMNIT!" He yelled. He looked around. "Great- no ride- well..." he sighed. "Not like there's a family to go to" It would be fine, he would just have to occupy himself until morning, even if that meant no sleep. Just then, the shadow of a human appeared towering over him, he looked behind him... nothing. Was his mind playing tricks? Or was there really someone who was just there? No- there wasn't a single soul in sight. Hallucinations, perhaps?

After what seemed like a few minutes, a voice spoke out.

"What are you doing?" The voice asked.

Minato looked up to see a teen, about the same age as him, with black and white hair, staring down at him.

"Just chilling I guess-" Minato replied 

"Why are you alone? You can't just sit here with no one around" The person spoke.

"What do you mean? And besides I'm apparently not the only one-"

"You need to get out of here-"

"Why?" Minato asked. He had a questioning look on his face.

"You don't know?"

"Know what?" Minato asked.

"The god damn spirits!" That's all the guy had said.

Minato stood up, he could see the guy's face better now, one red eye, menacing and intimidating, and one purple eye, calming, but it would send a chill down anyone's spine. Minato was about to ask about it, but stopped, when there was a high pitched sound. It was coming towards them.

"Stay back" the guy ordered.

Minato didn't have to be told twice. A spirit. Spirits must have been some sort of demon or ghost, probably demon. But Minato couldn't know the whole truth- yet.

Whatever the thing was, it was getting closer. And once it was in sight, it looked hideous.

"What the hell" Minato had said to himself.

Minato looked over at the guy, he seemed to know what he was doing, but yet again, what if he didn't? No. He knew perfectly what he was doing.