Chapter 9.

"What the..fuck?," Jisoo whispered. "What was this? Did I really just see Lisa get into Tae's Jeep?" I started to say something, but I had the feeling that someone rammed nails into my throat.

  "Was it just me," said Jisoo, "or was there a red thong under her dress?"

  "It wasn't a dress," I said, leaning my back against the building for support.

  "I wanted to be optimistic, but you're right. It wasn't a dress. It was a stretch top stretched over her bony ass. The only thing keeping it from bouncing back to her waist is gravity."

  "I think I'm going to be sick," I said as the feeling of nails in my throat spread to my stomach.

  Jisoo pressed my shoulders, forcing me to sit on the pavement.

  "Breathe deeply." "He's dating Lisa." It was almost too scary to believe.

  "Lisa gives it to him," Jisoo said. "That's the only reason. She's a sneaky chicken."

  "He told me there was nothing between them."

  "Tae is all kinds, but it's not honest."

  I blinked towards the street down which the jeep had disappeared. I felt an inexplicable urge to furiously chase after them and do something I'd later regret—say, strangle Liss with her stupid thong.

  "It's not your fault," Jisoo said. "He's a jerk who took advantage of you."

  "I want to go home," I said bluntly.

  At that moment, a police car stopped near the entrance to the club. A tall thin dude in black pants and a formal shirt came out of it. The street was quite dark, but I recognized him immediately. Investigator ahh Bo-hyun . I had already fallen under his authority once and I didn't want a repeat. Especially since I was pretty sure I wasn't on his list of most favorite people.

  Investigator Ahh Bo-hyun shouldered his way to the front of the line, pointed the cat at the bouncer, and entered without slowing down.

  "You're going," Jisoo said. "Was that a dot?"

  "Yeah, and he's too old, so don't even think about it. I want to go home. Where did you park?"

  "He doesn't look much older than thirty. Since when are thirty-year-olds too old?"

  - His name is Detective Ahh Bo-hyun. He questioned me after the incident with Namjoon  at school.” Interesting how I kept calling it an incident instead of what it really was. Attempted murder.

  "Bo-hyun. I like that name. Short and sexy, just like mine. Did he grope you?"

  I give her a side eye , but she was still staring at the door he had gone through. "No. He was interrogating me."

  I wouldn't mind if he handcuffed me. But don't tell Damiano."

  "Let's go. If the police are here, something terrible is going to happen."

  "Scary is my middle name," she said, grabbing my arm and pulling me toward the warehouse entrance.

  "There's about two hundred people in there. It's dark. He's not going to pick you out, if he remembers you at all. He's probably forgotten you. Besides, he's not going to arrest you—you're not doing anything illegal. Well, except for that whole fake thing documents, but everyone does that. And if he really wanted to arrest everyone, he brought in reinforcements. One drunkard can't overcome such a crowd."

  "How do you know I have fake documents?"

  She gave me a "I'm not as stupid as I look" look, "You're here, aren't you?"