Chapter 1: Assassin vs Assassin

After their two day travel through the open sea, Kagari and Crimson finally arrived on the shoreline on the land of Makalas, Kagari and Crimson had hidden their ship within a large cave before walking on the shore.

With their ship hidden, Crimson looked on at the map to see that they were only a short distance from The Imperial Capital and it would only take them until the end of the day to reach their destination.

Upon their travel to the capital, the two of them had journeyed through the countryside, encountering villages of people who lived far from The Empire. It was there were they learned of the current situation they faced, with their taxes being on a high rise as of late by Minister Honest. They did not stay in any of the villages they went to for a long period of time as their plan was to only gather enough information and the two of them simply went along with their travels.

Forest

Now the two of them were in the depths of the forest walking down a path that would get them to the Capital much more quickly

Kagari: Are you sure this is where we are supposed to be going?

Crimson: Positive. We should reach the Capital by nightfall if we continue going down this route.

Kagari: We'll see. But what do you think about what those villagers told us? About how the Capital is such a "marvelous paradise."

Crimson: I highly doubt those people have ever been there to begin with. Its more that likely just rumors and stories they've heard from other travelers.

Kagari: Tch. No surprise there.... Hold on. Wait a minute...

Kagari placed a hand on Crimson's chest, stopping him from moving any further.

Kagari: Do you see that?

Crimson: Yes, I do.

Suddenly, as they narrowed their eyes, they saw what appeared to be a trap of wires in the trees around the area. Along with that, there was a mangled corpse laying on the ground.

Crimson: It's a wire trap

Crimson: It's a wire trap. And it's already caught someone...

Kagari got a bit closer to inspect the corpse. This person had the appearance of a tribesmen, along with a large blade in his severed hand.