ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Makenna

"ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄʟᴀꜱꜱ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ɢɪʀʟꜱ. ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛʀʏᴏᴜᴛꜱ for the Fall Production of Swan Lake will be in one month! I hope to see you all there."

The girls and I all say our thanks and walk over to the lobby.

"Miss Gibson, please wait a moment." I freeze and turn to walk to Madame Bryne at her grand piano.

"Yes, Madame Bryne?" I twist my skirt in my hands nervously.

"No worries, young lady. I just wanted to tell you I think you did wonderfully today. I don't quite know why you quit, but I am so glad you decided to continue ballet. I think you do wonderfully here, and I would be absolutely thrilled if you decided to try out for a lead in the production." I feel a nervous smile tugging my lips at her words. I have a chance. "Now, don't go thinking that means you will get the part! Off you go now, my dear."

"Thank you, Madame." I give a small curtsy and hustle to my bag, quickly changing my pointe shoes and slipping a jumper and pants back on.

Practically skipping outside, I realize I had made it through that whole class without a single interaction with Ellie. I look outside the window to see the rain had started up again. Suddenly, I run into someone's back.

"Well, if it isn't Little Miss Perfect!" I hold back a groan and roll my eyes. I just had to jinx myself.

"Ellie, you know it's not very cute to attempt to be Regina George every time you have the chance," I avoid eye contact and shove past her, trying to get outside to my brother's car.

"Excuse me? What did you just say to me, you little whore?" Ellie grips onto my forearm and whips me around.

"You heard me. Now let go, this is only proving my point." I yank my arm but she only grips tighter. Damn, what is it with these pick me girls and their razor sharp nails?

"Bitch, you've been back here for one day. Don't you dare try to come back all 'look at me, I can still dance!' This is my territory now, so you better back off before I make you regret ever taking another step back here. Don't go thinking I forgot what I caught you doing in that bathroom. I know all of your secrets, little slut, don't forget that."

A bit of her spit falls onto my cheek and I cringe.

"Now get away with my face. I have places to be." Ellie shoves me away from her and struts out the front door and into some random dude's car. Talk about a slut. I mean, I've never even kissed anyone, and she's calling me the whore?

I look around the lobby to see if anyone noticed what was going on, but the few girls still here are either pretending to be deaf or are really obvious. I mean, with these girls, it could be either. Sighing, I readjust my bag and walk out the door.

☼☼☼

authors note.

my bday is in nine days hehe

short chapter but i think i might double update tonight

xoxo

wavey