Chapter 7: Why We Don't Trust Vlad King With Cats

A/N: Hello everyone! It's been... a tad too long, hasn't it? Some things have been going on in my work life (I GOT A PROMOTION WOOO!!!) so I haven't had a ton of time to write. But if you've been reading my stories for any real length of time, you know that months or years between updates is pretty par-for-the-course for me. (._.) Sorry.

That being said, I've been working on my bnha stories lately! My Discord has been amazing at keeping me motivated by giving me a ton of reactions to my snippets, and even FANART! WOOO!! I'm hoping to update some of my more popular stories like Instinct and Viridian sometime soon (at the very least, I'm actively working on those chapters)

Please keep in mind that I read most of my reviews (if you're reading this on FF.net, I'm sorry. I no longer read reviews there as the site itself has gotten very toxic. That being said, if you're reading this on Wattpad, I might catch your review months later because those notifications get BURIED. Ao3 readers, I'll catch your reviews usually within 24 hours of you leaving them, and Quotev reviews will be read when I remember to check Quotev. XD) If you would like to join us on my Discord, I'll leave the link down below. You can not only reach out and talk to me and other creators, but you can pick up roles to get pinged for updates, story snippets, sneak peeks at unposted materials, livereads from the author, and even vote on things I need a hand deciding on for the story!

If you don't want to join the Discord, but still want to send fanart, you can send it to aizawa@email.com (yes, that's the email, no I'm not sure how I managed to snag that one).

All that aside, please enjoy the new chapter! :)

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/zgqMjcBqRx

~~~

The moment they'd gotten home and had dinner—something the kid's mother had happily whipped up to the tune of Put Your Hands Up! Radio—Midoriya had made a beeline for his bedroom, new merch clutched protectively in his arms.

Shouta had given an amused flick of his tail before nodding his thanks to the mother for the meal and following the kid. The boy was already assembling the Eraserhead figurine, oohing and ahhing at all the details.

"Look! His goggles are part of his identifier!! Though yellow's an odd color for someone who wants to go unnoticed, he's never been known to use anything else. I think the color or item might have some personal significance to him, but I really can't know what." The kid rambled about his own Quirk and fighting style, which... okay, it was weird to have someone excitedly rambling about Eraserhead to said hero, but the kid didn't know that this seemingly random stray cat was the very hero he looked up to.

It was strangely nice to have a fan, though. Not that Shouta had ever wanted fans, but to know that his existence gave this kid the hope to follow his own dreams made him feel warm and fuzzy inside. When he had two legs under him again, he'd be sure to find Midoriya and thank him properly. Perhaps a little hand-to-hand training might give the kid the edge he needs to work through that biased Entrance Exam.

After the Eraserhead figurine was assembled and had been carefully placed on Midoriya's shelf, the kid cracked open the book on Underground Heroics. The boy was snuggled into an All Might sweatshirt and had the replica scarf of Shouta's Capture Weapon wrapped around him. The only thing missing from the cozy picture was a purring cat on the kid's lap.

Well, Shouta supposed the desk could work too.

The kid startled a bit when he leapt up and made himself comfy beside the keyboard, but after a moment the boy started running a hand down his back. Shouta didn't fight the deep rumble in his chest as he let his eyes droop a bit. The kid seemed to be verifying every new piece of information in the book, filling the heroics booklet with all kinds of sticky notes as he went.