CHAPTER10

The atmosphere in the mansion was electric with tension as Alessa and her team gathered to assess their next moves. They had narrowly escaped the Rossi enforcers, but Alessa knew that would only delay the inevitable. The Rossis wouldn't stop until they found out who had struck against them.

In the study, the group convened around the large oak table, their faces illuminated by the flickering light of a nearby lamp. Alessa leaned forward, her mind racing with strategies. "We need to stay ahead of them. The Rossis will retaliate, and we have to be prepared."

Luca nodded, a serious expression on his face. "We should bolster our defenses, set up lookout posts around the mansion. If they're coming for us, we need to know when."

Marco, still catching his breath from the earlier chaos, chimed in. "And we should consider moving operations. We can't remain a target here."

Alessa considered this for a moment. "You're right. We can set up a temporary base at one of our safe houses. It's away from prying eyes, and it will give us the chance to regroup and plan our next move without worrying about being ambushed."

"Good idea," Giovanni said, his brow furrowed in thought. "But we need to act quickly. We don't have the luxury of time."

As they finalized their plans, Alessa felt a surge of determination. She was no longer just a pawn; she was leading her family into a war. The responsibility weighed heavily on her, but it also fueled her resolve.

They spent the next few hours preparing for their move. Alessa coordinated with their trusted associates to secure the safe house and ensure all necessary supplies were gathered. She couldn't afford to let any detail slip through the cracks.

Just as they were about to leave, Alessa's phone buzzed with a notification. She glanced at the screen, her heart racing as she saw a message from Salvatore: *Meet me at the usual spot. I have intel on the Rossis. It's urgent.*

"Salvatore wants to meet," she said, looking up at the others. "He claims to have intel that could change everything."

"Do you trust him?" Luca asked, concern etched on his face. "After what just happened, it might be a trap."

Alessa considered this carefully. "I think he sees this as an opportunity, just like we do. If we can leverage this intel, it could give us the upper hand."

"Let's go together," Marco suggested, determination in his eyes. "We should be there for backup, just in case."

Alessa nodded, appreciating the support. "Alright, we'll head to the meeting point and see what he has to say."

They drove through the city, tension hanging in the air as they navigated the dark streets. The usual buzz of nightlife felt distant, overshadowed by the gravity of their situation.

As they approached the meeting spot—a secluded park known for its tranquility—Alessa felt a mix of anticipation and apprehension. They parked the car and stepped out, the cool night air wrapping around them like a shroud.

"Stay alert," Alessa whispered, her instincts sharp. They made their way to a small gazebo illuminated by a single lamp.

Salvatore was already there, leaning against the railing, his expression serious. "You came. Good."

"What do you have for us?" Alessa asked, her voice steady.

Salvatore looked around before speaking. "I've heard whispers within the Rossi ranks. They're planning a counterstrike—a retaliatory attack against your family. They want to send a message that they're not to be underestimated."

Alessa's heart sank. "When?"

"Within the next few days," he replied, his tone grave. "They're gathering their enforcers and preparing to hit you hard. You need to be ready."

Luca clenched his fists, anger boiling beneath the surface. "We need to strike first. If we wait, they'll catch us off guard."

Salvatore nodded, clearly impressed by their determination. "I can provide you with intel on their movements, but you need to be quick. This is a dangerous game we're playing."

"Tell us what you know," Alessa urged, her focus sharp.

"They'll target your main operations first—warehouses, supply routes, anything that disrupts your business," Salvatore explained. "But they're also planning something personal. They want to make it clear that this isn't just business; it's a vendetta."

Alessa's stomach twisted at the thought. The Rossis wouldn't hesitate to hurt her family. "We can't let that happen. We need to prepare a counteroffensive and protect our assets."

"I can help you gather intel on their movements," Salvatore offered. "But you need to ensure your defenses are tight. If they catch wind of what you're planning, it will be too late."

"Agreed," Alessa said, her mind racing with possibilities. "We'll set up a watch on all our locations, and I'll arrange for a few trusted members to follow their movements. We'll strike back when the time is right."

As they discussed their next steps, Alessa felt the weight of the decisions pressing down on her. This was a war that required cunning and precision. She had to keep her family safe while also ensuring that they struck back hard enough to send a clear message to the Rossis.

After finalizing their plans, they said their goodbyes to Salvatore, who promised to keep them updated on any developments. As they walked back to their car, Alessa felt a renewed sense of purpose. They were on the brink of a war, and she was determined to lead her family to victory.

Once they were back in the car, Alessa turned to Luca and Marco. "We need to move fast. I want to set up our defenses and start gathering intel on the Rossis immediately."

Luca nodded, his expression serious. "We can't underestimate them. They'll be coming for us with everything they have."

Marco added, "And we need to make sure we protect our loved ones. They'll target anyone close to us to send a message."

Alessa's heart ached at the thought of her family being in danger. "I won't let that happen. We'll do whatever it takes to keep them safe."

As they drove back to the mansion, Alessa's mind was consumed with plans. The storm was coming, and she would be ready to face it head-on. She was determined to protect her family and show the Rossis that the Ruthless Mafia wouldn't be easily broken.