Shadows Of Silence 🥀

---

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the cricket pitch where Ishan Kishan and Shubman Gill had spent countless hours practicing their shots and sharing laughter. They were more than teammates; they were lovers entangled in a world where cricket unified them with passion and ambition. Little did they know that the shimmering facade they maintained would soon be overshadowed by the haunting echoes of Ishan's past.

Ishan had always been the exuberant one, his laughter easily filling the quiet spaces, but within those joyful moments lay a history that clawed at him from behind closed doors. Growing up in a household where expectations loomed like storm clouds, Ishan learned early on that love was conditional and vulnerability was a weakness. He had lost his parents in a tragic accident when he was just a teenager, leaving him with a void that felt insurmountable. He poured his heart into cricket, hoping to turn his sorrow into something beautiful, but the scars ran deep.

Shubman, with his calm demeanor and understanding eyes, was a beacon of hope in Ishan's life. Their relationship blossomed like spring flowers after a harsh winter, illuminating the darkness that once engulfed Ishan's existence. But even the brightest hues could dull in the face of adversity.

It all began one fateful evening when Shubman started spending more time with Yash, his childhood friend who had resurfaced in his life after years. Ishan had no reason to distrust Shubman, yet the memories of betrayal silently nagged at him. He often found himself sitting alone, replaying moments that showcased Shubman's laughter resonating with Yash, reminding him of the love and connection he feared he could lose.

"Ishan! Come join us!" Shubman called one evening, his voice tinged with cheer as they practiced at the nets.

Ishan feigned a smile, his heart heavy with thoughts. He watched from a distance, feeling like an outsider in what was once a haven. "I'm good here, just working on my swing," he replied, turning away to hide his unease.

Days turned into weeks, and Ishan's once-vibrant spirit began to dim. He could see the growing bond between Shubman and Yash, and his mind spiraled into dark tunnels of insecurity. "Am I not enough for him?" Ishan whispered to himself one night, the silence of his room echoing back the question with unmerciful clarity.

Meanwhile, Shubman remained unaware of the shadows creeping into their relationship. He was genuinely excited to reconnect with Yash, who had always understood him in ways Ishan couldn't. "Ishan has been so busy with training; it feels good to have someone to unwind with," he mused to himself. However, he soon began to notice Ishan's absence more than his presence.

---

Their conversations became strained, the laughter replaced by awkward silences. "I can't be okay with you spending so much time with Yash," Ishan finally confessed one evening, his voice trembling slightly.

"Why do you feel that way?" Shubman asked, a hint of confusion edging into his tone. "He's just a friend, Ishan."

"Just a friend, yes. But... you don't need me anymore, do you?" Ishan's voice cracked, the walls he built around his heart starting to crumble.

"Ishan, that's not true!" Shubman stated, stepping closer, his expression a mixture of concern and confusion.

Yet, no amount of reassurance could heal Ishan's deep-seated insecurities. Each time Shubman would spend another night with Yash, Ishan would retreat further into himself. He felt like a ghost in his own life, watching as the world around him moved on without him.

---

Days turned into weeks and the façade began to crack. Ishan started missing practices, his mind clouded with relentless thoughts. The vibrant energy he once radiated turned to shadows, casting a pall on his friendship with the team. Virat Kohli noticed it first.