A love Like Sunshine ☁️

---

In the bustling halls of St. Mary's High School, tucked between the rows of lockers and the sounds of giggling friends, Ishan Kishan was a small ball of sunshine. With his milky skin, bright eyes, and infectious laughter, he seemed to light up every corner he ventured into. His joyful disposition was like an endless summer day, drawing people in and warming their hearts.

Across the classroom, leaning casually against the wall, was Shubman Gill-tall, confident, and radiant in his own right. He had a demeanor that commanded attention and respect, though his eyes always found their way back to Ishan. The two were inseparable, connected by an invisible thread that held them together through laughter, late-night study sessions, and the daily challenges of being tenth graders preparing for their board exams.

One Friday afternoon, as the sun streamed through the classroom windows, Ishan was busy writing out notes, his pencil moving furiously across the paper. Shubman sat at the back, trying to concentrate on his own notes, but his gaze kept drifting back to Ishan.

"Ishan!" Shubman called out, breaking the peaceful silence of the room. "Can you stop being so cute for just one second? I can't focus!"

Ishan turned around, his cheeks turning a little pink. "If you stop staring at me, maybe I can!" he teased, sticking his tongue out cheekily.

"Oh please, you know it's impossible," Shubman replied, chuckling. "You'd have to take a hundred spots away from every guy in this class before they could blink without thinking about how adorable you are."

Ishan giggled, the sound like soft bells ringing in the air. "Stop it! You're making me blush!"

"Good! It's about time," Shubman said, leaning back in his chair. But behind the playful tone, a tinge of seriousness lingered. Shubman knew how much Ishan's innocence attracted attention, and sometimes it made him feel possessive.

Later that day, as the final bell rang and students poured into the hallway, Ishan and Shubman walked side by side. Ishan chattered animatedly about a project they had due next week, his hands illustrating his ideas as they walked.

"I think we should do something really fun, like a skit! It'll lighten the mood right before finals," he suggested excitedly.

"I think you just want an excuse to wear that ridiculous hat you have," Shubman said, suppressing a grin.

"Oh come on! That hat is legendary!" Ishan exclaimed, nudging Shubman playfully. "And besides, it makes my hair look fabulous."

Before they could continue their playful banter, Rohan, a classmate with a reputation for being bold, approached them. His gaze lingered on Ishan, a smirk playing on his lips. "Hey, Ishan! Got any plans this weekend? We should totally hang out."

Ishan's smile faltered slightly, and he glanced at Shubman, who was now standing tall, a protective aura radiating from him.

"Actually, I'm busy studying," Ishan replied lamely, looking anywhere but at Rohan.

Shubman jumped in, folding his arms. "Yeah, we're kind of a package deal. Don't you know that by now?" His tone was light, but the underlying message was clear.

Rohan raised an eyebrow, a challenge sparkling in his eyes. "Oh really? Since when did you start making decisions for Ishan?"

Shubman stepped closer, a fierce look in his eyes. "Since the day I realized that boys like you are always trying to mess with him. Back off."

"Dude, chill out," Rohan scoffed, throwing his hands up mockingly. "I was just asking a question. No need to get all worked up."

"Just remember to keep your distance," Shubman warned, his voice low but steady. With a scoff, Rohan shrugged and decided to walk away, clearly not interested in pushing further.