Practice 2 and 3

WOW. I've just finished practice 2 and I'm on a high. A really high high. I'm on cloud nine. I suppose I should tell you why. Well, in p2 I obtained some track experience (I'd never driven here before) and a bonus on top of that. I did around thirty laps on the bounce, receiving some good, solid race condition data for the team to mull over.

Then I turned to my quali style laps, this is when the car and I just seemed to click. It had never felt like this before, it had downforce in the corners, speed in the straights and a very low (seemingly) amount of drag. It wasn't until I returned to the pits that I realised what sort of time I had done: 1m 39.3sec. Guess what position that put me in? Fifth! my best ever result EVER. Despite all this, I didn't get too over joyous as I knew it could have easily of been a giant fluke, so I waited in he wings until p3 to try my luck again, to see if the car and I actually had genuine pace.

Practice 3. Unfortunately I crashed. I had high hopes for this session but they were dashed as soon as I had come out of the pits.

It all started when I decided to wait a while in the pits before going out. I don't know why I did that I just did. You know, one of those things. After about 23min I finally declared that I want to go out onto the track. So there I am coasting down the pit lane at around 40mph. Of course I'm aware that other cars will be screaming down the straight, but I didn't really think that would be a problem. The pit team told me that according to their tracker I was going out in clear air to get a few laps in. All I know is that they were wrong. With drastic consequences.

 A Mercedes-Lewis Hamilton-was just going round the small bend where the pit lane and race track connected, I didn't see him, I don't know why. Surely the loud engine would warn me but...it didn't. I turned onto the racing line only to find a Mercedes there. I couldn't react and smashed into the sidepod with my front wing. I didn't remember much after that. I know I got a right 'shouting at' (to put it nicely) from the team boss, but oh well, hopefully I'll prevail in qualifying, thus redeeming myself. See you next time.