Before I Leave

Keefe's POV:

After I write the letter, I light leaped to Havenfield. 

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" I flinched, I turned around and found...

Grady.

Oh no.

"Uh...I...errrr..." I couldn't think of an excuse! "I'm dropping off a letter..."

"For...?" Grady said.

"For Sophie..." I mumbled

I looked at Grady and saw fury in his eyes. Grady cursed. "Fine. Go." He muttered.

I walked away immediately, not wanting to stay any longer.

I open the doors of Havenfield, and found...

No one.

Edaline just be in Atlantis..oh well?

I walked up the stairs to Sophie's bedroom

***

"So...what brings you here, Keefe?" Sophie asked.

I took a deep breath. "I-I'm here to tell you..."

"To tell me..?"

"That I'm leaving..."

I looked at Sophie and saw shock, sadness, and anger in her eyes, "b-but—YOU CAN'T LEAVE!"

I sighed and placed the letter on her bed. "I'm doing it for you, Sophie, to protect you." I said, calmly but with sadness. "But...Keefe, please...don't—"

Sophie's POV:

I couldn't take it anymore...I ran out of the room and raced down the stairs to Calla's tree. "SOPHIE! WAIT!" Keefe called, I ignored him.

Tears racing down my cheeks, fists clenched, I raced up the hill and finally...

Collapsed.

Keefe came up, panting. "F-Foster...please..."

***

"YOU WON'T DO ANYTHING TO ME!" I shouted.

"I DON'T CARE! I'M LEAVING TO PROTECT YOU! WHAT I DID IN THE HEALING CENTER—I DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE TO GET HURT!" Keefe shouted.

"WE CAN TRAIN YOU! YOU CAN STILL STAY!" I yelled at him.

"I CAN TRAIN MYSELF! I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP! OR ANYONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Keefe screamed. (The million exclamation points make it more realistic 🥱)

I stood right there, frozen, shocked. I took a shaky breath. "Fine...go! Pack your things! We're done, I'm done!" I said, my voice breaking. "Sophie..." Keefe pleaded. "No! It's fine...I'm FINE!" I said.

I stormed toward the house, Keefe standing there, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"WAIT!" He called.

Keefe's POV:

I didn't know what I was thinking...

Foster ignored me, I raced to the house, as fast as I could, before she could reach her bedroom.

One more gift I thought.

***

I raced up the stairs, and found Sophie almost to her bedroom.

I run to her and pull her by her sleeve. "What. Is. It?" She said, roughly.

I unpinned my cape and draped it across Sophie shoulders, and pinned it with her Ruewen crest. "I-wha—"

"It's my last gift." I cut in. "For you to-to...remember me?"

I met Sophie's eyes and saw tears streaming down her cheeks. "Keefe I—"

"No," I shushed Sophie. "Don't apologize...it's..it's my fault...I'M sorry, Sophie.."

"I..please don't go." She pleaded, tears in her eyes shining.

"I...I have to, Foster, but don't worry—you'll be better off without me..." I murmured.

I immediately walk down the stairs, Sophie following me.

I started to race down, Sophie chasing me.

I ran out the door and quickly light leaped away.

Out of the corner of my eye, Sophie collapsed, sobbing loudly, even I could hear her...

I also saw Grady comforting Sophie.

I will come for you...and this time...YOU. WILL. DIE! Grady mouthed.

Srry bout the short chapter 😃