CHAPTER 8

BELLE

I have been working here for a month and let me tell you it has been hell, I felt like a zombie as I walked out of the elevator.

''Was it another cleaning emergency'', Emily asked as she pulled her pile of papcloser. Well over the month I have made new friends I can call a good colleague.

"Yes, he wanted me to replace the sealing for his table, he is handsome but such a pain in the ass'', she laughed as she left for the shredder. I plop down on my seat as I give my aching feet some time to relive before their next calling. I have been complaining for the past two weeks for him to give me a desk on his private floor which is all too big for him, but his stupid excuse was that
'i need to retain my sanity from all your human noise'

I needed to stop going up and down for his incessant demands that never made any sense.

"Miss Belle'', the intercom spoke and my resting time was done, ''I need you to get me a Cappuccino'', I pressed the red button,

"Of course I will get right to it...sir'', I tried not to grit my teeth as I made my way to the elevator. Only if I had known that working in an office would be this tiring I would have stuck to serving coffee to stuck up customers.
The elevator dinged and I went out only to bump into my very first enemy

Yay

''Can't you see where you are going brownie'', the definition of a bitch, was standing before me, dirty blond hair in curls, oversized hoop earrings, blood red lipstick, tempered long nose and an irritating body figure-yap that Wynona Logan. She is the Asst head of the Finace Department, when we first met for the bosses appointment we both knew we would be toxic for consumption. It's like always this; she likes the boss or is it a crush, she feels threatened by my obvious natural beauty and thinks am gonna take her 'precious boss' away.
She can keep him for all I care.

''Maybe it is you who can't see, mind removing the fake contacts and maybe you would be able to see reality'', I said as I flipped my hair and left the bitch standing.

"Hey",

I turned round and found my bestie sipping her coffee and being totally fine while I am miserable, that's not how the world should work.

'Uhm, that's exactly how the world should work'
Shut up

"Uhg Stacy, I am going to murder someone in this building, so better be prepared with your funeral flowers'', I said as I rub my knuckles together.

"Is it Wynona again'', she said like it has always been her.

"That bitch just does not know the meaning of 'get out of my face'',

"It's okay Elle, what are you even doing down here'', she sips again.

"Your beloved Levi wants to have his afternoon coffee and just can't get it himself'', I complained as we started walking out the building.

"Is that not YOUR job'', she deadpans and I groaned.

"I know, it's so frustrating, ever since the fiasco with him kicking half the shareholders out, we have been nothing but busy, I take phone calls 24\7, and on top of that is his stupid demand that make no sense, one time he told me to get him11th grade mathematics textbook and a rubix cube, who needs a math textbook in a financial institution'', I rambled as we soon arrive at Coffee House.

"Well Levi has always been the math guy, he was a killer with numbers and digits'',

"Why are you defending him when am your my bestie'', I asked removing the AMEX card and handing it to the girl behind the counter.

"Pff, who said I was defending him, am just giving you a reason for his weird acts and behavior'', I flipped her off and we left.

Stacy said she had work to do so she left me. Am now on my way to the devils harem, I was always the girl smiling but because of working with him, I have learned a new facial expression called scowling.

LEVI

The clocked ticked and the voices stilled, it was 3:00 already and I have gotten through the days' work, I needed some coffee to relinquish my daily achievement. What other way to do it than with your annoying secretary.

"Miss Belle, I need you to get me a Cappuccino", I could feel the scowls in her voice as she answered, what better way to relinquish the soul than making people suffer and then bask in it.