And You Cam Along..!

‘In the midnight of New York city, where the night has almost come to an end, here I’m, nothing better than a geek, sitting at my study table spending time with my best friend for life; my dairy.

It’s a Friday night. So people out there hangout with boyfriends may be having a steamy sex, making out, some might be just sitting cozily being loved, and some might be just flirting around and here I’m spending time with the most awful thing for most of them around me but the only thing that can understand me which is my dairy…’

Right when I was about to confess my true love to my dairy directly, someone have to disturb making out at my balcony.

What?’  Asked my DJess. Well, that’s what I call my dairy, you know it sort of talks to me.

‘Yes, some one seriously making out at my party, oh I dint tell you, did I? Today Suze is having a welcoming party for Tom as he is coming back after he has gone for a complete year, you know there is a full on party going on in the hall, still I’m here only to talk to you..’ at that moment djess gave me one eye-brow raised stare which literally meant ‘I know why you’re her, coz no one apparently wants you there’.

‘That’s not true, there are guys who would want to hit on me..’ I received yet another expression, ‘Oh yeah..’   ‘So Seriously D--’ that’s my nick name for her.

And then I heard another disturbance from my balcony. ‘God!, D—these people never grow up, now why don’t you just chill out with my penny( that’s the name of my pen) while I give a piece of mind to them and come’ as I wrote these lines, I dropped the pen in the dairy, made them hug each other and left it securely on my desk.

“What the hell man, get a room” I almost roared as I opened my window only to find Tom trying to climb up the balcony.

“Tom…what are you doing here?”

“I knew you’d be up here..Common pull me up” he smirked while I gave him my hand to pull him up into my room. “Why are you here when people down there are waiting for you to give a grand entry from the front door..”

“Oh I thought of surprising you instead..” He smirked playfully. “Oh Jess, I’ve missed you..” he almost groaned. I finally gave up staring at him and went ahead into his open arms while he dragged me into a friendly hug resting his chin on my head.

“And by the way, I missed you too” I said pulling away. “Now seriously tell me, wassup?”

“ahh..!” he said throwing head back on my bed while I joined him beside popping my head to listen to him. “I’ve got something to tell you actually..” he added

“Yeah…”

“I’ve a surprise for Suze and thought you should know about this first” he mumbled observing my face to see any kind of reaction. Though the inner part of me might have seen a clear drop in my enthusiasm, I think I’ve managed to put up the straight face with the immense experience that I’ve got on my face.

“I’m actually going ask her out if she’d like to move in with me..and I really hope she would agree and be surprised.” He explained not being able look directly at me.

Matter of factly, tom is my ex-boyfriend and current boyfriend of Suze. Well, Suze is supposedly by BFF. Weird right? I know, but it was just bound to happen that way. Tom and I have been great friends more than anything else during our UNI together. We happened to be roommates in the UNI dorm and then we went along to share an apartment still being friends. There were always some kind of romantic feelings in me for him but I wasn’t quite sure of what he thought until the night when he asked me out for prom in the senior year. Well, it just lasted a little of six months with us being romantically related, before Suze has turned up in his life. Suze and I are child hood friends and we happen to practically grow up together. She have moved in with me after my senior year which obviously means we three of us staying together, and it was just like one of those romantic movies where the hero is related to one girl and he involuntarily falls for the other. They both have totally denied their feelings with each other but it was so obvious, that it tore me into pieces. The fact that I only existed in between them was unbearable. The so called love of my life in those times and my BFF were falling for each other and it only seemed natural that they should be together, it was all in my own hands. I’d have pretended I knew nothing or I would’ve talked through it and step aside. Obviously, if I don’t have the luck to be loved, it doesn’t mean no one else should, after all its my best friends we are talking about and they have every right to choose whom they wanna be; who am I to stop them. There it is, one of my saddest stories and here still I’m, living with it.