CHAPTER 7 :: CHATTER GATHERING

---

The Mehta family had gathered around the dinner table. Shekhar sat beside his son, Jin, while Anil took the head of the table. Disha’s two brothers, Arjun and Karan, sat across from Shekhar and Jin, their postures straight and expressions serious. The aroma of traditional Indian dishes filled the air as Disha moved around, serving the meal, while her bhabhis stayed in the kitchen preparing the final touches.

 The aroma of traditional Indian dishes filled the air as Disha moved around, serving the meal, while her bhabhis stayed in the kitchen preparing the final touches

As the conversation grew more comfortable, it naturally shifted to business matters.

Anil: (looking at Jin) “I hear you’ve built quite the business empire in Korea. It must be very different from how things work here.”

Jin: (calmly) “It’s fast-paced in Korea, but the opportunities are global. We’ve managed to expand, but India’s growing market has caught our attention.”

Arjun: (leaning forward, interested) “Are you planning to bring your business here? India’s a complex market, but it’s full of potential

Arjun: (leaning forward, interested) “Are you planning to bring your business here? India’s a complex market, but it’s full of potential.”

Jin considered his response carefully, his face remaining professional.

Jin: “We’re looking into it. India has a vast consumer base, but understanding the local business dynamics is essential. Every market has its challenges.”

Shekhar, listening with pride, smiled at his son’s composed and thoughtful demeanor.

Shekhar: (interjecting) “I’ve always told Jin that in India, relationships are just as important as profit margins. Trust and long-term partnerships are the keys here.”

Karan, who had been silent, added his thoughts.

Karan: “That’s true. It’s about who you know, how well you maintain those relationships, and how adaptable you are to the culture.”

Jin: (nodding) “I’ve realized that during this trip. There’s a lot to learn about how things work here.”

Disha: (finally finding an opening) “I think there’s also a lot of untapped potential in younger demographics. If a business can connect with the youth, the growth can be exponential.”