Arguments

Third persons's POV

   "WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO?!?" The screams echoed around the house. "I ALREADY DO EVERYTHING, DAD!"

   "Stop yelling! All I'm saying is that I come home and the house is a mess. The dishes are dirty in the sink, your room hasn't been cleaned in days, neither has my room. There's trash in the living room floor for God's sake!" Mr. Cohen's voice was low yet annoyed with a glimpse of anger.

   "And I call you to make sure you're alright, and you're having fun with your friends. Instead of coming home early and getting started, you come home at God knows what time. You have a curfew Aleck!" He continued getting louder.

   Aleck couldn't believe his dad expected so much from him. So he needed some fresh air, some time with other people. Was that so bad? Still, he brought the volume down a little, as he was ordered.

   "If the mess bothers you so much, why don't you just clean it yourself? There's not that muc-"

   "I work!" Mr. Cohen cut him off. And there they were. The words that set him off.

   " 'I work'? That's your excuse? 'I work'?" He spat the words with disgust. "Dad, I work too. I also happened to have school, homework, baseball, and house work. I'm sorry for spending a little time with my friends instead of spending it here, where I can nearly breath!" It took him everything not to scream, and throw anything in sight against the wall.

  "Y-you just wake up, go to work, come home, sit in that stupid couch, AND COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT!! HOW YOU LOST EVERYTHING THAT DAY!!! I'M STILL HERE DAD!" Aleck cried, his eyes moisten with hot tears. "I'm still here."

   He stormed out the door slamming it with the unnatural strength he got when he was mad. He let his feet lead him to whatever place he could reach. His mind was overwhelmed with question after question.

   Was it too harsh, what he had said? Was his dad right? Did he mean anything to his dad? How would his dad survive if he moved out? Would he drown in a sea of dirty dishes?

   He walked for what seemed hours, thinking, regretting, then thinking some more. The streets were darker than he imagened at 12:30 a.m., but they weren't frightening, not to him. He grew up on those streets, he could walk anywhere in a 5 mile radius with his eyes closed.

   The attention to where he was going was brought back, when he turned. He looked up to see the all too familiar house, The Brubaker's. He walked to the front door and hesitated, not wanting to bother them for the millionth time.
He jumped in surprise when the porch light turned on and blinded him, and he could hear the door lock being unlocked. To his surprise, Mrs. Brubaker was at the other side of the door. She was in a dark blue night gown, with a robe that matched, clearly ready to go to bed.

   "Aleck? What happened sweetie? Are you ok?" She looked worried after Aleck said nothing when he saw her.

    He usually came over to Bru's house after school, hanged out and acted normal for a couple of minutes. He knew he could come to the Brubakers with any type of problem he had, they were like his second family, but he hated to bother them. Still, Mrs. Brubaker would sometimes find Aleck in the morning, sleeping in Bru's couch bed. She didnt like him coming in throught Bru's window anymore since that time he fell off the roof and broke his arm, so she gave him a house key. Now he could come in when he needed, through the front door.