CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

After our annual late entrance to the feast, we took our usual seats at the Griffindor table

"Now, as I was saying before our mischievous friends interrupted me, we have a transfer this year," said Dumbledore, his bright blue eyes twinkling. Excited murmurs echoed through the Great Hall.

"She will be in her fifth year and I ask that you all treat her kindly. Please welcome Miss Zoe Bleu to Gryffindor!"

Loud, rambunctious cheers erupted from our table. I cheered loudly, trying to make Zoe feel more at home. Zoe walked with a blank face and her head held high. She sat with the girls after shooting a glance in my direction.

"Congrats, Zoe!" I called waving to her. She didn't answer me.

"She's not very social, is she?" Sirius asked, watching her.

"Maybe she will be sooner or later," squeaked Peter.

"So, Pete, I forgot to congratulate you on finally entering the Taken Club. It's just you and me, mate," replied Sirius jovially.

"Oi! I should be part of the Taken Club too! I'm dating Lily; she just doesn't know it yet," James whined.

"Creepy, Prongs," I said, shaking my head.

"Altogether acceptable," pondered Sirius at the same time. I glared at him.

"Do I get to be in the Taken Club, too?" I asked.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Remus inquired, raising an eyebrow.
"Well, not yet. But I met a bloke at James's Christmas party and he told me to find him at Hogwarts, so..."

"Oh, no. Not that idiot," groaned Sirius, rolling his eyes.

"What's wrong with him?" James asked sharply. I sighed. They were in the overprotective mode again.

"He's a prefect prat," spat Sirius. "No offense, Remus."

"None taken."

"What do you have to say in your defense, Cassio?" James inquired, leaning forward and clasping his hands.

"He's hot," I shrugged.

Finally, they let the subject drop. I was grateful, too. One time, I let slip that I wouldn't mind dating one of the Slytherins (who was two years older than us) and James and Sirius hexed the kid and didn't talk to me for two weeks.

"Whose dorm are you sleeping in tonight?" asked James, speaking around a mouthful of mince pie.

"I guess with the girls," I answered, looking down longingly at the chocolate cake that was sitting on my plate.

The boys exchanged looks.

"I was really hoping you wouldn't say that," sighed Sirius, giving me a sad look.

"What? Why? What are you going to do me?" I panicked, studying their faces carefully.

They absolutely refused to answer me until we had finished the feast. Naturally, I handled this situation calmly and maturely by continuing to interrogate them for answers.