Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ Ⓣⓦⓞ

She was walking through the forest currently, trying to cope.

Cassian had enough, so she decided to walk through the forest. It helped; it always did. She always reassured herself that she was born, raised, and lived in the most powerful kingdom of them all. Well, in terms of human kingdoms, that is. One was destroyed when four towns of Ilsire had been destroyed. Five whole other kingdoms had suffered brutally in the past year. They were destroyed and left practically nothing but rubble. A barbarian camp was destroyed, but Cassian didn't care. After all, they were fucking feral.

Cassian then came across some raspberries and she picked one and ate it on the spot. They were so big, so ripe, and so sweet too. Cassian decided to pick more berries to eat on the spot. Suddenly she heard rustling, but it was definitely not another fellow person. Instead, it was just a black squirrel. It seemed to be eyeing her berries.

Cassian chuckled. "Hey there you," she said. She noticed the squirrel just... staring at the berries. She looked down at the berries cupped in her hands. "Oh. Here." Cassian gave the squirrel a berry.

The squirrel ate the berry and looked up at Cassian. Seems like it wants more, she thought. She decided to kneel down so she wasn't constantly bending over and decided to keep giving the squirrel berries. By the time Cassian gave it five berries, the little thing was still not satisfied.

"Who would've thought a squirrel could be so spoiled..." Cassian muttered. Cassian gave it two more berries and it seemed satisfied. It came closer to Cassian and was chittering quite happily. She put out her hand to try and pet it, and suprisingly, it let her. I thought they ran away when people try to pet them, she thought. She let that thought go soon after and just... goofed off with the squirrel for a little bit. It was quite cute, and Cassian didn't want to leave it behind. But she knew she eventually had to.

About five minutes later, Cassian knew it was time to go. She pet the squirrel before saying, "Bye buddy. Maybe we'll meet again." Then, Cassian walked away, deciding to farther into the forest. It was time for her to hunt.

~~~

Cassian was currently hiding in a bush, eyeing a deer, bow and arrow at the ready. Of course, she could use the machete... But she didn't want to. She aimed and then fired, and it hit the deer in the head, killing it. Cassian always made this clear: What was the point in wasting money to buy food when you can just hunt and gather for free?

For some strange reason, she had to bring the meat to the richest family in the neighboring human kingdom. Normally, they were considered arrogant and just like the royalties. Why, she asked; the thing is she doesn't know. Luckily, it wasn't too far, so she knew it wouldn't take a day or a whole ass week. It was still large though, so it would likely take her about six hours at most.

Later, she managed to get there, a little exhausted but unharmed. "Take it," she bluntly spoke. "Go ahead and cook it."

The father of the family nodded and did so. Cassian flopped onto the floor and catched her breath, as she walked six whole hours, hauling a deer, without stopping. "Durř hempħ nah gushțta," she says in her language, Ilsen. "Sorry, I said 'Feed us after.' You can do that, right?"

After the deer was cooked, the family, alongside Cassian gathered to eat. There were two sons and three daughters, along with a mother and the father. Cassian was given a glass with wine inside. Cassian pushed it away before saying, "I can't drink this. I'm just 15. I hate alcohol anyway."

"Sorry," said the father. "Thought you were in your 20s with how you look. You have exquisite eyes."

"Oh, uh, thanks." She smiled.