Chapter One: Heroic Symphony

First Movement
Lively, with brightness

You could hear it from across the huge house. "It" being two voices in harmony, one explosive and high-pitched (as a child's voice often is around the age of five) but still tuneful and catchy, the second more subtle, as if following the lead of the first, but nonetheless just as passionate and mesmerizing. The vocals belong to one Katsuki Bakugou and one Izuku Midoriya. These two friends are singing the latest hit from their favorite rock superstar, All Might, using Bakugou's newest karaoke kit, and they are having the time of their bright young lives.

Caught up in the moment, Bakugou impulsively "stage dives" off his bed as the song reaches its loudest point.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya instinctively yells out in concern.

Bakugou's athletic leap to the ground smoothly transitions into a rock-star knee-slide with the reckless abandon of a wild-child with no regard for body-joints or leg-burns. Midoriya follows suit - and flops to the floor face first.

"Stupid Deku..."

The freckled faceplanter looks up and sees a proud hand outstretched, offering help. Bakugou's other hand, however, still grips the wireless karaoke mic while he finishes the song, not missing a beat.

Midoriya accepts the free hand and pulls himself back up. The duo look at each other for a moment - and begin to laugh as the karaoke outro fades out.

Then they play it again.

The small youth have big dreams of lighting up the night, all night, with songs of their own in front of a packed crowd of music lovers. Bakugou's room where they act out their aural ambitions is tidily filled with All Might albums, music merch and pitch-perfect posters. Midoriya, sometimes called tone-deaf "Deku" by Bakugou when the fluff-haired boy sings out of tune (and also, apparently, when he stumbles during "stage dives"), has an even more impressive All Might collection, albeit located in more cramped quarters, and he knows all All Might songs by heart and rhythmic soul.

Eventually the boys tire (though they are full of energy so it is a long "eventually") and look out Bakugou's room window to take note of their current audience - only the stars, sparks blinking in the new night sky.

"One day, we'll be on a real stage, playing our own hits, and there will be as many people listening to us as there are stars in the sky" Bakugou states in a matter-of-fact tone. He isn't wishing on a star when he says this, he isn't wondering. He declares that dream as simple truth, inevitable fact. Midoriya nods and in this moment the only star he sees is Bakugou.

Second Movement

In winter of the following year, a school Christmas Concert is held. During their class performance, a shy Midoriya suffers stage fright and freezes up. He's used to singing along with his Kacchan, but not used to an audience of blinking human eyes (if it were stars, no problem). The notes are stuck in his throat, his lips sealed. Bakugou, side by side with Midoriya in the lineup, looks onward and sees the gathered crowd of parents and relatives but hears only the absence of Midoriya's voice in the choir. Without glancing at his friend, not missing a beat, Bakugou grips Midoriya's hand and squeezes it tight as if to say in a silent way:

It's fine now. Why? Because I am here.

Bakugou wishes at this moment he could utter a "Deku" to his foolish friend, but instead his powerful vocals soar during the song's refrain. The warmth from Bakugou's fiery hand thaws Midoriya's frozen voice and gives him the courage to sing along with the other children in front of the crowd, adding a sound soft and sweet.

A young student journalist for the school gazette writes that the musical production was a resounding success and takes particular note of Bakugou's performance, describing it as "dynamic", the first words printed in the press - but certainly not the last - concerning the blonde boy's charisma and musical prowess.