𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

Your day had been awful. Not a singular event seemed to sway your way, everything had been set up against you. As soon as you had gotten home, you darted to your room that you shared with your boyfriend, Matt. But he wasn't there. He had just left for filming, and he wouldn't be back for hours.

It was annoying having such contradicting schedules. You had slaved your poor paying job all day and Matt went to work most in the nights. Usually, you could handle this routinely frustration.

Not today though.

You immediately fall on the bed, clutching into yourself as you let out the flood of emotions that had collected all day.

It all felt so heavy.

You failed to hear the car pull up. Your cries drowned out the sound of Matt rushing into the room. He had opened the door, in search of his phone that he had left behind. Instead, he found you.

"Oh baby..." he whispers under his breathe. He walks over to the bed, sitting behind you. You flinch at the sudden jostle of weight shifting, sniffling with a relieved expression as you realize it's Matt. "Why---why are you back so soon?" you ask with a wavering voice. Matt soothes his palm over your back as you hiccup. "I forgot my phone, but c'mere," he spreads his arms open welcomingly. However, you stay put.

"But--you have to go film." you point out.

A brief sigh escapes his lips as he lurches forward and hugs you to his chest. Your composure is lost and forgotten as you cry into him, scrunching your fists in his shirt.

"I got you, sweetheart. I'm right here. Not going anywhere."

He pets the back of your head as he cradles your body further into him. As you cries soften to light pants and sniffles, he brushes your hair from the side of your face. "Who do I need to slap? Who's making' my pretty girl cry, hm?" he asks teasingly, smiling as he sees your pouted lips curve upward.

"Work...just a lot today. Can you...can you just hold me for a bit before you leave?" you ask.

Looking hopefully at him, your hopes fall as he reaches over you to grab his phone. You shrink into yourself with disappointment and rejection. "Yeah, I can't anymore." you look up to see your boyfriend holding his phone up to his ear. "No, fuck off. We can film tomorrow, and I'll even edit it last minute. I'm not leaving' my girl." he says, pulling the device and tossing it carelessly.

You smile softly at him as you let out a small sigh.

He's not leaving.

He's always there for you.

"C'mere, sweetheart," he leans back whilst tugging you into his chest. You snuggle further into his embrace, smiling as you feel his soft lips place a kiss on your head.

"Not but, for real---who's getting' their shit rocked?" he jokes.

He's always there, he always cares.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎