Chapter 25

Before Travis left the library, he decided to speak to Jane, who was currently sitting back and touching up her makeup while waiting for security to arrive before she could leave.

'I’m definitely not getting paid enough for this,' she thought, sighing as she sat there. She glanced up and noticed Travis walking toward her.

"Oh, is the hunk looking for a number?" she teased, a smirk on her face.

Travis smiled back. "No, not trying to get Jenny to kill me anytime soon."

Jane chuckled. "So, what is it you want, or maybe *need*?" she asked, leaning forward slightly on the table between them.

Travis mirrored her motion, leaning in as well. "Well, I need a French dictionary."

Jane frowned. "That’s unfortunate. But you know, you’ll need to subscribe to the library for that," she said sarcastically, then added with a grin, "Well, that’s what I tell the dummies. Just take a book. I’ll sign you up for a library card."

Travis grinned at her joke and nodded. "Thanks, Jane. Appreciate it."

She winked. "Anytime, babe."

He walked over to the shelves and found a French dictionary, bringing it back to Jane. As he flipped through the pages, he noticed some were torn. He held it up to her, showing the damage, which made her pout.

"Ugh, I hate my job. We don’t have any other French dictionaries in stock. So just hope you don’t need any pages from that section," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, let's hope," he replied. "By the way, what’s up with that computer room? There’s a camera in there. Have you caught people doing you know what there?"

Jane smirked as she leaned in closer. "That's a secret. Fill this form out too. Don't forget to bring it tomorrow. Now leave before I pin you down on this table," she said playfully.

Travis chuckled and gave her a light slap on the boob. "I think it'd be vice versa," he joked before heading out. Jane clutched her breast, watching him leave with a mix of amusement and irritation.

'Jenny, you're going to forgive me for this,' she thought, shaking her head at the playful exchange.

Suddenly, a flashlight was shone in her face. "What are you doing, young lady?" an old, wrinkled man asked, his gaze piercing through the dim light.

Jane fumed, a vein popping on her forehead. 'I hate this job,' she thought, trying to muster a polite smile despite her frustration. "Just finishing up here," she replied, her tone strained.

......

After a short walk, they arrived at Mia's house. Travis watched as she snuck inside, and as soon as the door closed behind her, he started sprinting toward the park. A few moments later, he arrived and spotted Eve sitting on the fountain with a notebook, sketching something.

When she caught sight of him approaching, Eve raised her eyes, her expression lighting up with a bright smile. She set her things aside, lowered her headphones, and got up, her enthusiasm evident as she greeted him.

“Hey, Travis! I’m glad you made it! You came right on time too. I guess we’ll stay here for about an hour before we leave,” she said excitedly. He nodded in agreement.

“Sure, that’s cool. Now, what are you drawing?” he asked as he sat down and picked up her drawing pad.

“Oh, it’s just a rough sketch I just started,” she said shyly. It was a nice drawing of a red-haired girl in a Superman flying pose, wearing a suit that resembled his own.