Liu's Resolve

Liu stood at the edge of the cliff overlooking the distant mountains, his brows furrowed in deep thought. The cold wind bit at his skin, but it didn't faze him. The only thing on his mind was the news that had recently spread through the sect: Prince Feng was gravely ill, and it was all because of the demonic sect.

"We cannot let this go unpunished," Liu muttered to himself, gripping the hilt of his sword. The elders had gathered, furious and unanimous in their decision: the demonic sect had to be eradicated. Liu didn't need much convincing. Ever since Chen Ning disappeared, he had grown bitter, throwing himself deeper into his training, trying to find a way to purge the world of demonic cultivators.

"The Blood Demon," Liu spat the nickname out with disgust. His hatred for Meng Qingshan, the demon whose name spread through both righteous and demonic circles, grew with every passing day. Rumors of Meng's strength were everywhere, and they only fueled Liu's desire to face him in battle and put an end to the threat he represented.

"This Meng Qingshan..." Liu whispered under his breath. "He doesn't know it yet, but he's already dead."

He still remembered how the disease had started spreading through the region. It first struck the Wutai sect's outer disciples, quickly making its way into the heart of the sect, until it claimed the prince himself. The symptoms were terrifying—blood coughing, pale skin, and a rapid descent into madness. All fingers pointed to demonic cultivation. Only such dark practices could bring such an affliction upon the righteous.

The elders had long suspected that the demonic sect had its hand in this illness. But what infuriated Liu the most was the certainty with which they blamed Meng Qingshan. Every piece of evidence pointed toward the Blood Demon being involved in one way or another, and Liu felt a burning need to see him eradicated.

"Are you really going to lead the attack on the demonic sect, General Liu?" One of his soldiers, a younger disciple, approached him cautiously.

Liu nodded. "There's no choice. We've let the demonic sect go unchecked for far too long. This disease is the final straw." His voice was steady, determined, though a storm raged within him.

The younger disciple hesitated. "But... Meng Qingshan is said to be incredibly powerful. Do you really believe we can defeat him?"

Liu turned sharply, his gaze cold. "Meng Qingshan's power is irrelevant. He is still a demon, and all demons must fall. We will eradicate them, every last one. The illness is proof of the danger they pose. If we don't act now, it will spread further."

The disciple gulped and nodded before excusing himself, leaving Liu alone with his thoughts again.

Deep down, Liu couldn't help but feel a lingering sorrow for Chen Ning, his former comrade. He had been one of the brightest among them, someone who always believed in the greater good. Chen's sudden disappearance had shaken Liu, but he used that grief to fuel his resolve. He had to carry on, for the sake of the Wutai sect, and now, to avenge the prince.

As he stared at the distant horizon, Liu tightened his grip on his sword.

"I'll kill you, Meng Qingshan," he whispered darkly. "I don't care how strong you are. For what you've done to my people... to the prince... and for every life you've taken with your dark powers, you will die by my hand."