The Demon's Revelation

Meng Qingshan sat cross-legged in his chamber, his body still sore from the summoning ritual. His sword, Hei Xin, lay at his side, a reminder of the new power he had gained. But power wasn't what consumed his thoughts. It was his brother. The past had weighed on him heavily, and the question he had been too afraid to ask was now the only thing on his mind.

Meng exhaled and placed a hand on his sword. "Zhuan Xinyi," he called softly, knowing the demon would hear. "I need to know what happened."

The air in the room grew thick as red smoke swirled around him. Zhuan Xinyi, the red-haired demon, appeared before him, his black eyes gleaming with amusement.

"You called, Qingshan?" the demon asked, his tone playful but edged with menace. "What is it this time? Another request?"

Meng's eyes darkened. "I want to know about my brother. What happened to him after... after everything?"

Zhuan Xinyi tilted his head, a smirk forming on his lips. "Ah, your brother. The noble Prince Cheng, yes? The one you've been clinging to despite claiming to leave your past behind." He circled Meng like a predator, savoring the moment.

Meng's hand tightened around Hei Xin's hilt. "Tell me."

The demon's grin faded, replaced by something darker. "You really don't know, do you?"

Meng's heart pounded in his chest. He wasn't sure he was ready for the answer, but he needed to know. "Tell me what happened."

Zhuan Xinyi's eyes narrowed, and he stopped circling. His voice lowered, taking on a more serious tone. "Your brother died in the Demon King's arms."

Meng felt the blood drain from his face. "What?"

The demon leaned in, his voice soft but chilling. "During the final battle of the rebellion, the Demon King and your brother fought side by side. They held out as long as they could, but they were overwhelmed. Your brother was struck down, mortally wounded. He died in the Demon King's arms, pleading for mercy for their people."

Meng staggered back, his chest tightening with grief. His brother, Prince Cheng, had always been strong, a figure of power and pride. The image of him dying, helpless in the arms of the Demon King, was too much to bear.

"But that's not all," Zhuan Xinyi continued, his voice carrying an eerie calm. "The Demon King, upon seeing your brother's death, lost his will to fight. With nothing left to live for, he took his own life, plunging his sword into his heart right beside your brother's body."

Meng's knees gave way, and he collapsed to the floor, his breath coming in ragged gasps. His brother—his last connection to the life he had once known—was gone. And the Demon King, the ruler who had inspired fear and reverence, had chosen to end his own life rather than continue without him.

"Both of them died together," Zhuan Xinyi said, his voice almost pitying. "Your brother's last moments were spent in despair, and the Demon King's final act was one of surrender."

Meng's vision blurred as tears welled up in his eyes. His heart ached with a pain so deep it felt like it would tear him apart. He had hoped, foolishly, that his brother might still be alive—that there was a chance to reunite, to hold onto some fragment of the past. But now, that hope was gone.

"You wanted the truth, and now you have it," the demon said coldly. "They're both dead. And you are truly alone."

Meng's fists clenched, his nails digging into his palms as a wave of anguish and fury surged through him. His demonic power flared, the air around him crackling with dark energy. He wanted to scream, to lash out at the world, at the gods who had taken everything from him.

But instead, he gritted his teeth and forced himself to stand. Tears streamed down his face, but his expression hardened.

"Thank you," Meng said, his voice trembling but resolute. "Thank you for telling me."

Zhuan Xinyi raised an eyebrow, his smirk returning. "You surprise me, Qingshan. I expected more of a breakdown from you."

Meng wiped his face, his eyes burning with a newfound determination. "No more breakdowns. My brother is gone, and so is the Demon King. There's nothing left for me to hold onto." He looked up at the demon, his amber eyes fierce. "I'll forge my own path, just as I promised. I'm not Chen Ning anymore. I am Meng Qingshan."

The demon chuckled, pleased with the response. "Good. That's the spirit. Let the past die. Focus on the future, and the power that lies ahead."

Meng nodded, his resolve hardening. "The past is dead. My brother is dead. Now, it's time for me to live."

Zhuan Xinyi vanished in a swirl of red smoke, leaving Meng alone in the chamber. The weight of the revelation still pressed on his heart, but he refused to let it break him. His brother had died, but Meng would live on. He would carve out his own destiny, even if it meant leaving everything behind.