𝓝𝓸, 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓰𝓸

The sound of the rain resonates in the deep night. It was cold, it was somewhat peaceful. Porchay somewhat finds it peaceful for him. It was as if the rain washes away all his worries; everything that has been occupying his mind lately.

Many things have happened in the past few weeks. Exams, projects, compliances that got almost every college student crawling on their feet. It was taxing, tiring and all of it was doubled because of Porchay's condition right now.

He is aware of what's happening with his body. He is aware that as days go by, he's not getting any better, instead, it feels like it is getting worse now.

But what can he do? It is what his heart wants. It is what his heart was beating for.
Kimhan was the reason his heart was beating.

And slowly dying.

Those flowers- that every time Porchay coughs up- represents every feeling, every emotion that he has.

He's happy if he coughs up daisies; he usually arranges them in a vase and displays them in their kitchen.

But he's terrified when it's marigold or yellow tulips or even roses. Hell, roses are the most painful ones for Porchay. The last time he coughed those up, Macau almost sent him to the ER.

Yes, Macau is the only one who knows his condition.

Not even his Hia Porsche knows about it. Porchay doesn't want his brother to worry about him. He had done enough for Porchay. The least thing the younger could do right now is not to become a burden to his brother.

The rain isn't stopping and Porchay is almost finished on his after activity report for the music club. He could finally have a good night's sleep after those sleepless nights he had.

It sounds like music to his ears. Rain and jazz, is what Porchay had in mind. And just when he's about to go under the duvet, his phone rang.

Looking at the caller ID, Porchay felt a sudden mix of happiness and worry.

"Hello, Kim? What's up?"

It's unusual for Kimhan to call this late.

"𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸?" Kimhan asked. His voice sounded a bit demanding.

"At our house. Why?"

"𝘖𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘦. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦."

Upon hearing what Kimhan said, Porchay immediately got up from his bed; almost tripping because of the duvet. He then peeked through the window and there he saw Kimhan.

And he's looking in the direction of Porchay's room. His eyes, they were a bit red? And somewhat angry?

But why is Kimhan angry? Did Porchay do something bad?

But why would Porchay do something bad to Kimhan, right? Kimhan is his bestfriend.

And then suddenly, Porchay felt a thumping on his chest. No. He cannot let his emotions control him right now. He cannot let Kimhan see those flowers.

Porchay must endure even though it's painful as he could feel those petals growing on his chest.

"𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘣 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘦?"

That got Porchay back to his senses and he rushed his way down the stairs. He even forgot to wear slippers and a jacket.

"Kim! What's up?"