In Rhythm with You

Summary: 

"How do I do this ?"

"It's simple really, just feel with your heart."

"Will you help me ?"

"Sure, let's figure this out together."

Note: this is just a prompt and does not resemble any real-life events. I have just used SP as characters. happy reading !!

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Sai's entire world had flipped overnight — after the unfortunate death of his sister in a car accident, he had become the legal guardian of his two-year-old nephew. From managing mergers and acquisitions to suddenly becoming responsible for a toddler, his life had never felt more chaotic.

Ryu, the once easygoing little boy Sai saw only during family holidays, was now clinging to him as if his very survival depended on it. Sai could no longer make calls uninterrupted; his assistant had to learn to hold a wailing Ryu during meetings, which lasted only minutes before Ryu's small arms would reach out desperately for his uncle.

It was all too new, too fast, and Sai, used to dealing with everything pragmatically, was helpless in front of his nephew's tears. The sudden dependency was exhausting yet, Sai did not loathe his nephew the slightest bit, he himself was a wreck after his sister's death, he could not begin to imagine what the child must be feeling from the loss of his mother.

He knew that Ryu clinging onto him was his way of seeking comfort in this strange world without his mother in it, just like how Sai was using logic to deal with his grief. Everything Ryu had ever known had changed and to him, the only thing that remained the same was his uncle, so Sai could understand why Ryu desperately wanted him only.

Ryu had lost his spark, his eyes no longer carried the child-like curiosity and imagination, instead there were speculations of fear, fear that everything would change again. Sai wanted to help but he did not know how to approach Ryu, there was no manual that he could follow or an equation that he could apply.

He instead brought Ryu to a child-therapist to ease him, but there was not much the therapist could do when Ryu refused to answer, simply opting to grip on to Sai tightly and rest his head on Sai's shoulder. The therapist has said that right now, it would be hard to talk to him, once he is slightly more gelled into his new environment, they could try again.

Sai wanted to do everything he could to help Ryu gain some stability and maybe return to his usual self, however, balancing his responsibilities as a CEO and guardian was starting to take a toll on him — the sleepless nights, the guilt of feeling inadequate and the pressure of keeping his company afloat. He had tried hiring nannies, and even enrolled the toddler in a nursery, but nothing worked and Sai did not want to deepen Ryu's trauma — the child had gone through enough — and this realization awakened an unspoken need to protect Ryu.

Yet, he could not continue like that, especially when he had no idea on how to tackle the intricate matters of emotions — he had always been someone who used logic and practicality — he had to seek assistance, assistance that Ryu could be comfortable with.

He racked his brain and the one memory that stood out to him fondly was that Ryu loved music and dancing (as much as a child could) and even now, Ryu calms a little during his fussing when Sai plays piano instrumentals.

Could he use music to help Ryu ?

He started researching and found that there was a dance studio that taught kids dance as young as one, and even had private one to one sessions, and without any hesitation had booked a session for the next day — this was a long shot but Sai was desperate.